• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Ski Boots, BOA Is Not The Only Story, Check Out These New Boots.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I tried on a Shadow LV at a demo day and it felt roomy for an LV model. Curious if anyone felt the same.
Yes, more to come. I will get some turns in them hopefully Wednesday.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have pre-ordered my Lange Shadow LV's from Evo. No clue when I'll get them but would love to test this spring/summer at Mammoth.

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Philpug you mention that in order to be a mainline brand Kastle feels the need to get into boots. Why is that? Can't someone just make skis these days? Lucky the new owner has lots of money. The investment required is probably significant.
Shops often like to buy 'the set', you can just make skis there's a tendency to have the package, either by brand or owner [say MDV[]
I said "full line", not mainline. Of course a brand can just offer skis ... or boots but it can create limitations. I hear the new owners do have deep pockets and they want to become a player in the ski world, which in my opinion is good for the consumer, it gives them more options. I think Kastle has done a very good job with a first year offering of boots and excited to see what they do when they expand down market.
The owner has pockets deep enough to hide a set of 240 speed skis..

https://english.radio.cz/czech-businessman-buys-austrian-ski-maker-8165753

Also one of the Kastle athletes was prevented from racing for a while because ski pool suppliers wanted her on their package [no skis, no boots]

The impetus for the boot may have arisen from problems encountered by Katherine Liensberger. Liensberger had to sign a contract or be barred from competing on the World Cup this season after the 22-year-old signed a ski deal with Kastle skis this off season but was not able to find a boot company in the Austrian equipment pool willing to supply her only with boots. Liensberger did not start in Soelden as the 12th ranked giant slalom skier in the world because a deal could not be reached. She ultimately signed a boot contract with Rossignol.
The sort of thing likely to make a zillionaire very very grumpy.....

Last edited:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I will say the Shadows are pretty comfy for hiking back up the hill through the sagebrush. Gotta love Gripwalk!
20230527_110013.jpg

Sponsor