• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4mm difference between bindings

GabriGlider

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello. I just got my first pair of skis, Dynastar m-free 99 with the Tyrolia Attack 14. I went to a shop to get the bindings mounted, and after I arrived home, I noticed the bindings wasnt simetrical. There are exactly 4mm of difference between one binding and anohter. I have measured it from the recomended line, and from the front of the ski and I have the same difference.

What should I do? Will I notice it while skiing? I'm a little bit sad as they are my first skis and didnt get a good job on them (and cost me 50€). Should I re mount them?

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
If you want to remount them you should probably buy a different brand of binding (with a different hole pattern). You want about 10mm+ between the holes.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Not noticeable skiing but still a botched job by the shop. At the least they should refund what you paid them. Some would demande the skis be replaced. I'd just take the refund and ski them.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Make sure they don’t do this to fix them. From https://www.skitalk.com/threads/manufacturer-vs-fitter-vs-customer-fault.28989/page-3

79A1F778-468C-4A58-B388-F6B44D96D74E.jpeg

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
4 mm is nothing, don’t drive yourself nuts.. ski um you’ll never notice the difference

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They'll be fine. Don't sweat it. But the shop should refund your mounting fee IMO.

I once had a pair of powder skis mounted a wee bit off center, and there is no way I could tell whether I was "skinny side in" or "skinny side out" while skiing them.

Sponsor

Staff online