• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

after waxing waiting overnight before scraping?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:roflmao:

...well whatever it is, I get the idea @Philpug has been passing it down the line to @Marker and @Mendieta :ogbiggrin: Must be good too because @Philpug neglected to do the shovels tips. Hard pack groomer day :huh: if I got my skis back from the shop and didn't see the same sheen of new wax on the shovels as the rest of the ski I would'nt be very happy with the service :duck:
Yep, just diamond stone tuned and waxed my Rossi Hero Elite LT using shop towels to remove excess wax and cool. I'm going to apply another cycle before brushing because why not? These are my fastest skis, but then they are the red ones...

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Apparently in the 20 minutes since there was rough consensus in the ski world about what a basic amateur waxing regime was, I've had a cup of coffee, eaten a slice of cherry pie, and totally lost all touch with reality.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Apparently in the 20 minutes since there was rough consensus in the ski world about what a basic amateur waxing regime was, I've had a cup of coffee, eaten a slice of cherry pie, and totally lost all touch with reality.
It was probably the pie... Fermented?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And that pro-glide thing sure looks to me like a $50 cork. Now get off of my lawn.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad someone was able to accomplish something rather than figuratively standing around and "jibba-jabbering"..................

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I generally leave them overnight in a warm room to slow down the rate of cooling. But if, like today, I forget to wax them, I'll do them tomorrow morning and scrape tomorrow late afternoon. I'm sure the timing depends a bit on the particular wax. My minimum wait would be an hour.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
hi

I am new to waxing skis. How long should I wait after waxing before I scrape?

I thought 30 minutes or so is fine for things to cool down but a neighbor mentioned he lets them sit overnight before scraping.

What is recommended? And if it is overnight what are the reasons/advantages?

Thank You.
1 beer or whisky waiting time is recommended. Two if you’re enjoying a good conversation.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I usually do a couple skis at night and then scrape a day or two later or whenever I get to it.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
hi

I am new to waxing skis. How long should I wait after waxing before I scrape?

I thought 30 minutes or so is fine for things to cool down but a neighbor mentioned he lets them sit overnight before scraping.

What is recommended? And if it is overnight what are the reasons/advantages?

Thank You.
In general a soft wax needs 3 hours at room temp. to cool.
A medium wax needs 1.5 hours at room temp.
Hard waxes only need from 5 to 10 minutes, and some less.
NEVER take a ski out into the cold to cool the wax!
Soft and medium waxes can cool as long as you like. The times above are minimum times.

Sponsor

Staff online