• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

any good watches on Netflix, Amazon, etc?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I just caught the Brawn GP docu. It's quite interesting if you don't know the sort of shenanigans that go on behind the scenes in F1. And the kind of cut throat business Bernie and co run. The clause on publication and disclosure that cut Bernie out was hilarious. And he had the gall to look aggrieved when he got out maneuvered. Classic. Mr I only need a handshake convicted tax fraud..

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife and I loved watching an episode or two of "Suits" every night.
My wife (who's a therapist) loved it until what-his-name started shtupping his therapist. I only watched it to keep her company, so...

Powder High

Getting off the lift
Skier
Last night I watched Dairy of a Mad Housewife (1970), which is available free on Youtube.

This is a surprisingly good, well-acted movie about a woman married to a self-centered husband, who strays into adultery.

Carrie Snodgress, as Tina, delivers a solid portrayal of a wife whose narcissistic husband treats her as a servant and constantly criticizes her. For her performance she was nominated for an Oscar for best actress in a leading role, and won a Golden Globe as best actress in a motion picture.

Check it out.

Ignore the language below that says it's age restricted (it's rated R). Just click "watch on YouTube."

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
True Detective 4 is good so far with Jodie Foster playing her best tough cookie ( gave up on series 2&3).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been going old school and watching LA Law on Amazon.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
True Detective 4 is good so far with Jodie Foster playing her best tough cookie ( gave up on series 2&3).
Same in our house. We resly liked the first season but quickly dropped it after that. We’re only three episodes into this season but liking it so far.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just watched the first episode of Resident Alien on Netflix.
Wow, I think this'll be a winner.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow, I think this'll be a winner.

Definitely is, per Rotten Tomatoes review summary...

1708867986719.png

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Apologies if I'm repeating myself or others:

The Outlaws on Amazon. Stephen Merchant is a genius. And Walken!

Sprung on Amazon.

The Tourist on Netflix. Almost needs to be watched twice.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Apologies if I'm repeating myself or others:

The Outlaws on Amazon. Stephen Merchant is a genius. And Walken!

Sprung on Amazon.

The Tourist on Netflix. Almost needs to be watched twice.
We loved the Outlaws! The practice dating scene was delightful!

Also liked the Tourist, but am getting frustrated trying to find the second season on Netflix - it was supposedly released in January but has yet to actually materialize :nono:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been hooked on Only Murders In the Building, and a newer one on Hulu, Death and Other Details.

And I started watching The Boys. OMG what a cluckerf@$k of a world.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So I'm going to go out on a limb here. I've always kinda wondered what Shia LaBeouf is all about. He seems to be an...odd..person. sometimes not that likable. I was stuck in COVID lockdown again and was trying to find something that would be worthwhile. I can only watch Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy so many times... I watched Peanut Butter Falcon and if you give it some time it's a funny movie and I feel like Shia LaBeouf maybe came out of it a bit different. Plus it appealed to my inner redneck.. :) in the good sense.

Sponsor

Staff online