• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ATK Kuluar 9 vs Plum Oazo 8

clewis

Booting up
Skier
Curious if anyone has used the ATK Kuluar 9 or the Plum Oazo 8? Looking to purchase one of them and mount to a pair of volkl blaze 106. Any feedback would be great.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You probably read this already:

And on skimo.co:
How would you compare this with the Plum Oazo 8? Looks like the same weight, similar build, but this Kuluar gets 10mm of elastic travel in the heel. Seems like a big winner.

Answer:
As far as the elastic travel goes, you likely won't notice it when you're skiing it. This binding is mounted with a gap just like the Oazo and the travel is designed so that you don't damage the binding if you manage to really overflex the ski. I personally like the Oazo since you can access both riser heights without turning the binding, and I also happen to like the Plum crampons a little better than the Dynafit crampons. But other than those minor differences they are very comparable bindings, and I think this one is an excellent choice--especially if you're a fan of Dynafit-style crampons.”

TS
clewis

clewis

Booting up
Skier
You probably read this already:

And on skimo.co:
How would you compare this with the Plum Oazo 8? Looks like the same weight, similar build, but this Kuluar gets 10mm of elastic travel in the heel. Seems like a big winner.

Answer:
As far as the elastic travel goes, you likely won't notice it when you're skiing it. This binding is mounted with a gap just like the Oazo and the travel is designed so that you don't damage the binding if you manage to really overflex the ski. I personally like the Oazo since you can access both riser heights without turning the binding, and I also happen to like the Plum crampons a little better than the Dynafit crampons. But other than those minor differences they are very comparable bindings, and I think this one is an excellent choice--especially if you're a fan of Dynafit-style crampons.”

Thanks for the links.

Sponsor

Staff online