• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Best Carving Snow Ever!

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
I just returned from a trip to Val Gardena. While there I rented an alpine snowboard from a member of the Italian team. He hadn't made a World Cup podium in four years. But when I got there he picked up wins in Davos, Bulgaria and Slovenia plus a third place in another race. Maybe I brought him luck. The first clip is of Seceda at Val Gardena. Incredible snow. I got to run gates with a member of the Italian team. The last two clips were at a different spot of this sprawling alpine paradise. This 77 year old had a blast on the rented board. One day I rode the entire 17 miles of the Sella Ronda loop on it. The quads were shot that evening but it was a great experience.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Serious question, can you compare the snow to what we seem to be getting here in Vermont? I cant sort of how to ski it currently.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
The Dolomiti Superski (not just Val Gardena) is famous for its supreme grooming and snowmaking. Add the stunning UNESCO scenery, the food and Italian lifestyle and you just wonder why people would ski on groomers in any other area (in Europe or anywhere else).

Powder and off-piste skiing is not something the Dolomites are famous for, though.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just returned from a trip to Val Gardena. While there I rented an alpine snowboard from a member of the Italian team. He hadn't made a World Cup podium in four years. But when I got there he picked up wins in Davos, Bulgaria and Slovenia plus a third place in another race. Maybe I brought him luck. The first clip is of Seceda at Val Gardena. Incredible snow. I got to run gates with a member of the Italian team. The last two clips were at a different spot of this sprawling alpine paradise. This 77 year old had a blast on the rented board. One day I rode the entire 17 miles of the Sella Ronda loop on it. The quads were shot that evening but it was a great experience.

Is that you on that board? 77 years old?

1707237409937.gif

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
The Dolomiti Superski (not just Val Gardena) is famous for its supreme grooming and snowmaking. Add the stunning UNESCO scenery, the food and Italian lifestyle and you just wonder why people would ski on groomers in any other area (in Europe or anywhere else).

Powder and off-piste skiing is not something the Dolomites are famous for, though.

Well, as for off-piste and powder skiing I beg to differ. But let’s leave it at that, so that people’s secret spots are left untouched…

Last edited:
TS
patmoore

patmoore

Septuagenarian Snowboard/Ski Racer
Skier
Serious question, can you compare the snow to what we seem to be getting here in Vermont? I cant sort of how to ski it currently.
It can be comparable to the natural snow we get here in Vermont if it doesn't have too much moisture content. So much of what we ski on in the Northeast is manmade which ices up quickly.

Sponsor