• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boot recommendation

Ukdude101

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I am wondering if someone can give a bit of advise

Skiing about 10 years but off and on piste and like to ski quite aggressive.

Boots have always been an issue. I have a high instep on the right foot and like a tight fitting boot and a stiff enough flex.

Started off measuring a 27.5 but went with a size lower to get a tight fit ( xpro 26.5 ). This year went up a size to a Salomon S-max 100 27.5 last 98mm from snow and rock but just back from mayerhofen and in pain all week to the point that my leg was pretty much coming out with the liner attached it was so tight ( pins and needles and cold feet also ) Went to a boot fitter but there was only so much stretching he could do. I’ve tried an xpro 100 27.5 also but found it a little loose on the sides.

Is there anyone that could recommend a different brand or variance on the Salomon that maybe solve this issue. Have tried different foot beds also but at a loss at this stage. Heading to off again in 2 weeks and would like to try another boot/solution

Cheers!

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Please go see a professional Bootfitter that can asses your wants, needs and get a scope of your foot shape so that they can recommend the proper boot for you. They are expensive yes but it is also the most important part of your equipment

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
^^^This. The first thing I always say when I go into my bootfitter is a reminder that I don't care about brand. Finding a great bootfitter can be tough, but ask locals in a area you visit. They will know. I sure have two that I know and trust.

Sponsor

Staff online