• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boris Johnson’s new bike

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Still is. I read an article somewhere saying he was going to make Eroica-type bikes with period-correct French or Italian-type finesse metalwork.

Will we see you at the Bike Expo? It's run by the Bilenky crew. You can meet all the other local-ish builders like Drew Guldalian of Engin in Chestnut Hill.

Absolutely! I’ll be there. Would be great to meet.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Turn around the stem in its proper position, put some proper handlebars and wheels on it and give it to me.... :ogbiggrin:
Boris has enough Boris bikes around London as it is, he does not need another one.

By the way....1x drivetrain, 50 or 52T cassette and rim brakes? You can't be serious...

On a second thought and after some looking at the details...no, everything about this bike is wrong. Just give me the frame, I will rebuild it 10 times better.

Just imagine this:

3T Superergo handlebars
3T stem
White Fizik handlebar tape
White Fizik saddle (Antares or Arione)
Super Record drivetrain
Bora Ultra 35 Dark wheels

Now THAT would be truly magnificent.

Last edited:

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
I've seen it but not used it, sorry. I don't remember any sort of token or such system.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find out- and I'm going to try to grab a lock before then. If not we'll get there some other way.
Will you be there on Saturday? If so, are you associated with an exhibitor? It would be great to meet and say hello.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Evidently someone liked Boris' bike so much, they built a $4K, disc brake, stock frame version of it for themselves - to sell:

1637273307678.png

TS
Wendy

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Evidently someone liked Boris' bike so much, they built a $4K, disc brake, stock frame version of it for themselves - to sell:

View attachment 148779
I’d pay that for something that cool. Not sure about that stem height, though. :geek:
Although, I’m finding that I do enjoy an upright position. My hands still go tingly after 20 miles on my Serotta and I thought it was fairly upright.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
A while back I did a 1x priest bike for my dad off an old Columbus-tubed Schwinn Tempo using Nitto North Roads - haven't done one since.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 148779

No, the bright yellow of the frame and the bright purple of the callipers and hubs do not clash.
At all like... :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Seriously-this is one incredibly, mindblowingly ugly bike.

As opposed to this:

1637347041113.png

Some day I will build one like this for myself, will hang it on the wall and will watch it all day long.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My hands still go tingly after 20 miles on my Serotta and I thought it was fairly upright.

Can you ride handsfree?
Do that every 10-15 minutes for half a minute or so and also-change the position of your hands often and you should be fine.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
As opposed to this:

You have no idea how many people get triggered by those straight fork blades.

Much, much more than you were by the combination of matte yellow and high-sheen magenta anodization.

I’d pay that for something that cool. Not sure about that stem height, though. :geek:
Although, I’m finding that I do enjoy an upright position.

Iride are doing straight-from-the-factory Italian townies - with pullback bars, Miche groupsets, and aesthetics that might even keep @Tony Storaro happy:

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You have no idea how many people get triggered by those straight fork blades.

Much, much more than you were by the combination of matte yellow and high-sheen magenta anodization.

This is the legendary Precisa fork and they can be as triggered as they want but this still does not detract one iota from the stunning beauty of the Master.

And there is always the option to go with this fork or with carbon fork, but this will be a travesty.

1637347950052.png

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Wendy

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you ride handsfree?
Do that every 10-15 minutes for half a minute or so and also-change the position of your hands often and you should be fine.
On the rail-trail I was riding yesterday, that wouldn’t have been prudent (OMG I sound like George HW Bush, LOL)! because the trail was crowded and we were riding very close, double file. By myself, yep, that works.

Sponsor

Staff online