• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cheap portable tuning table recommedation?

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Unfortunately she doesn't have that luxury...
@mdf was talking about working outside. If you have space to work outside, you have space for a bench that can live outside in the weather.
When you work outdoors you need to be organized. YOu have to have all your tools ready to use within easy reach. You can't waste time setting up a folding bench or searching through your tool box for the right file guide. If you waste time your hands get too cold to work.

dm

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
in my case it's right by my garage door, and the table lives in the garage. There is an overhead outlet nearby with a dedicated extension cord on a hook. Setting up my table is often faster than clearing off the non-skiing stuff that accumulates on my real bench. But I agree with your general point.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Sawhorses are better than tables for a ski work bench. Tables collect crap, sawhorses are always ready to use.

dm

Reactions: mdf

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@mdf was talking about working outside. If you have space to work outside, you have space for a bench that can live outside in the weather.

Not necessarily. I can use myself as an example: I live in an urban area in an apartment. The outside where I can work on bikes and skis is a public right-of-way - i.e. a sidewalk. It's wide, sure, but I can't store a table/bench/workstand there without incurring a fine from the city (as well as breaking ADA rules and regulations).

Remember: not all of us own houses or land.

Sponsor

Staff online