• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Curmudgeons Unite!!!!

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I already ranted in the other thread. I'm too old to remember and rant about here again..

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Turn off your computer! Do you think I own the power company?

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This belongs here!
pug_off_my_lawn.PNG

Actually, make that
skitalk_off_my_lawn.PNG

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Do we have to be tested for curmudgeonism? Don't want to take no stinking tests.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I used to be a software engineer, but now I'm a technology curmudgeon, mainly due to all the software/websites I've had to re-learn how to use because someone thought it needful to fix what wasn't broke to begin with.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Used to be, you could buy a plug in appliance and it would work for decades. After 40 years you might have to replace a plug or switch with another you could get for cheap at the hardware store.

Things change. Now every electrical appliance, be it a coffee maker or plug in electric baseboard heater has a digital touch pad built in - designed to fail in three to five years, so you will have to shell out for shipping to an authorized factory rep and purchase the correct replacement panel for more than it costs to buy a new appliance on sale.

Even twenty years ago you could buy a heater with a rheostat, like the ones you leaned about electricity with in high school 40 years ago that are still there and still working. Not any more! :nono:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I used to be a software engineer, but now I'm a technology curmudgeon, mainly due to all the software/websites I've had to re-learn how to use because someone thought it needful to fix what wasn't broke to begin with.
Speaking of websites. Don't you love it when they use gray text on white backgrounds?

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
If it isn’t foggy, turn off your fog lights. They aren’t helping doing 75 down the highway and your cheap aftermarkets are blinding everyone else.
Cars with light bars and cheap aftermarket LED headlights are the most egregious offenders these days. Flashing brake lights are also irritating but at least they don't burn my retinas.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January