• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Did not see that one coming...

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
On the 13 of October, we walked our 1 year old female Labrador over to the nearby dog park for some playtime and socialization. While there, I was blindsided by a 90 lbs male retriever running at full speed, totally focused on getting a ball. Dog smacked into my left knee (unfortunately the one that had two prior surgeries back in the 80's), knocking me down, and resulting in my knee swelling up like a pumpkin. I thought my ski season was over before it even started. Lot's of ice, NSAID's and TENS for a couple of weeks. Stationary bike added last week. Thanks to "Noodler's" comments in a thread from last year, I decided to try the relatively inexpensive ProSource slide board this week (https://www.amazon.com/ProSource-Ex...s=ProSource+slide+board&qid=1574024880&sr=8-4). This is turning out to be a pretty amazing rehab tool; I am favorably impressed and hope be able to start skiing in a few more weeks--assuming Tahoe gets some snow....

TS
DocGKR

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
I was able to take our dog Chloe on a careful walk this evening...so definitely improving, although still some rotational and lateral discomfort; and yes, for those of you who asked, below is the requisite mawkish picture of Chloe:

upload_2019-11-17_21-45-50.png

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
So, did you take your sore knee to a physician? Did you get on the snow with it?

TS
DocGKR

DocGKR

Stuck at work...
Skier
I work at a hospital, so had a ortho colleague assess it while we were between cases. The knee continues to make slow but steady progress, with just a bit of nagging discomfort when loaded. Will try skiing in a week or so--if there any problems we will get an MRI at that point.

Sponsor

Staff online