• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Enforcer 93 or Exp. 88 for NE trees. Finesse rather than power.

Gil

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Industry Insider
What does the group say? I have a Latigo for groomers and a 108 Supernatural for crud.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What does the group say? I have a Latigo for groomers and a 108 Supernatural for crud.
I think the Enforcer 93 will be much more playful in the trees than the Experience 88. The Nordica's early rise in it's tip profile and the way the tail rises will be able to be worked much better than the Rossi which has significanlty more shape at it's extremities which will cause the Experience to lock into its turn and will nore allow it to be worked into turns in the tight spots in the trees.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Yes ^^ the Experience 88 is a very good ski, but in it's DNA it is a carving ski. Width and rocker make it an extremely versatile carving ski, but it really wants to carve. The Enforcer is a freeride ski, it pivots at will and will feel way more playful in north eastern trees.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Would it be worth thinking about a K2 Pinnacle 88 as a worthy alternative to Enforcer 93 for NE trees?
Absolutely, but the OP has the Latigo...Can he go with the Pinnacle 88 sure..but the 95 would be a biiiiit closer.

TS
Gil

Gil

Industry Insider
I think the Enforcer 93 will be much more playful in the trees than the Experience 88. The Nordica's early rise in it's tip profile and the way the tail rises will be able to be worked much better than the Rossi which has significanlty more shape at it's extremities which will cause the Experience to lock into its turn and will nore allow it to be worked into turns in the tight spots in the trees.
Thanks Phil. Makes perfect sense.

TS
Gil

Gil

Industry Insider
I think this is a very easy choice. Enforcer 93.
Amen! Glad you all are out there with support and guidance.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
late to catching this

Own the a 185 E93 its a good tree ski, and surprisingly floatly for a 93 underfoot ski.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

I used the E88 from a few years back and did not love it (for how and where I ski) Felt it was strictly a groomer ski that liked to be on edge. A very good one at that. With bases flats at slower speeds (a common situation in tight trees) the nose and tail are just too "catchy" for my tastes. At higher speeds it worked well in cut up snow though. But again, at higher edge angles. I would call it a somewhat versatile ski. Good for a lot of people that stick mostly to groomed terrain and just dable in the trees and shallow powder only occasionally. I am no expert though just stating my experience on those boards.

I am looking forward to trying the Enforcer 93 and 100. If it is anything like the Patron they should be an awesome all mountain ski. To me all-mountain (Western) is any common condition inside the resort so mostly crud, powder with a firm base, bumps, tight trees, bumps in the trees (skied off), chowder, wind buff and firm groomers. Most "all-mountain" labeled skis are mostly groomer skis to me.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The new E93 and E100 are far better in variable snow of basically any type than the Patron due to both having less tail rocker than the Patron. the best variable snow ski that nordica has made though is the El capo, which sadly is gone.

I would love to see a stiffer NRGY series to have a narrow El Capo.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The new E93 and E100 are far better in variable snow of basically any type than the Patron due to both having less tail rocker than the Patron. the best variable snow ski that nordica has made though is the El capo, which sadly is gone.

I would love to see a stiffer NRGY series to have a narrow El Capo.
Yeah, I don't see that happening. Nordica is putting their dollars into the Enforcer designs. I wouldn't be surprised if we have seen the last of the NRGy skis this season. Where I will add to your thought with the design, the NRGy80 and 90 were some of the best non mogul specific bump skis offered of late.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Yeah, I don't see that happening. Nordica is putting their dollars into the Enforcer designs. I wouldn't be surprised if we have seen the last of the NRGy skis this season. Where I will add to your thought with the design, the NRGy80 and 90 were some of the best non mogul specific bump skis offered of late.

I think Nordica might continue with the NRGy series on their narrower width or rename them. They are in quite a few rental fleets. At least in the shops I have been to. They are good and easy/friendly skis.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just back from skiing 6 days in Breckenridge with over 3 feet of snow - brought a new pair of E88s (164 cm) and my old trusty & bit old Enforcers 169. Got to say that I took the 88s everywhere - Horseshoe Bowl, Contest Bowl, Cucumber Bowl, Peak 6 chair, E-chair, South Side on Peak 10, and the burn on peak 10. Skied them in the fresh snow, chopped up snow, and towards the end of the week - windblown and packed powder. These skis did not dissapoint in the least. Sure they are a great hard snow ski for the East but they did quite well for me. Really impressed with them, only skied the old Enforcers one day and didn't really miss them.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The old enforcers are not the new enforcers not even close.....entirely different skis.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, I agree - old Enforcers and New Enforcers are entirely different skis and I have skied both - actually prefer the Old Enforcer - that's one of the reasons I went to the Experience 88, I wanted a good hard snow ski that could handle most conditions in the west that someone from the east usually encounters when they go west (not every day is a powder day in the west). The Old Enforcer is a great hard snow ski, the new Enforcer not so much - sorry for my convoluted reasoning but that's me!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
The new one are really good hard snow skis....if you mount them back.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Josh,
That's an interesting insight that I wasn't aware of, my local shop in Vermont stocks the Explorer 93, just received a shipment of 100s, and Rossis along with the usual other suspects. Virtually all the staff at the shop know my skiing and really steered me away from the new Explorer as a replacement for my old one. They had me demo the Experience 88 on a "softer snow" day with the usual ''scraped off spots" for Vermont and I loved how they skied.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Even the "old" Enforcer was a pretty good mixed and soft snow ski because it flexed very well, the Experience 88, not nearly as complient of a ski as the old Enforcer. If you are looking to replace that, the E88 is not what you are looking for. Look to the Armada Invictus 89Ti which has a tip like the new Enforcer but the back half is like the old one.

Sponsor

Staff online