• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Epic Yard Sales IG

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I don't find those videos funny. I am too worried about injury and pain, and (as most of us have, at one time or another) I have been there. Not that harrowing, but scary anyhow.

Last edited:

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
But "garage sales" are pretty much the same thing as "yard sales," whether inside the garage or out in the yard.

(Super nit-picking, sorry)
Garage sale doesn't really evoke the same image in the context of skiing, IMO, even though the terms are largely interchangeable in their common use.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I don't find those videos funny. I am too worried about injury and pain, and (as most of us have, at one time or another) I have been there. Not that harrowing, but scary anyhow.

Eh, at this point the only question is whether you will get followers from <content here> or whether someone will repost your content for their own channel. For more followers than you could get.

Actually funny content is a luxury.

TS
AlpedHuez

AlpedHuez

Chasing that Odermatt form
Skier
Yes I meant to title this Yard sale - if an Admin can edit that please.

I agree that the particular video I posted could have easily had a lot worse outcome. My intent was simply to draw attention to the IG account in general, not that video in particular, although it was the one that drew me to the account.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It looks like a typical hold my beer stunt. Person filming was set up there just to capture that person's certain disaster. And the guy even smiled and nodded at them as they skidded by. It does appear they tried to wait until the traffic was low when they started out too.. Still a close call near the end though..

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
I didn't like what I saw with the extent of out of control skiing. There was a small kid near the bottom who changes direction because he saw the fallen skier coming. If he didn't change there could have been a really bad crash and the kid would have gotten banged up.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Yes I meant to title this Yard sale - if an Admin can edit that please.

I agree that the particular video I posted could have easily had a lot worse outcome. My intent was simply to draw attention to the IG account in general, not that video in particular, although it was the one that drew me to the account.
Don't worry. I think a lot of people find this stuff funny. I have never been able to tolerate slapstick humor (pratfalls, fake fighting, etc.); even as a child I realized it never seemed funny to me. I was too busy cringing or trying not to look. Yes, I grew up to be an empathic psychologist.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I didn't like what I saw with the extent of out of control skiing. There was a small kid near the bottom who changes direction because he saw the fallen skier coming. If he didn't change there could have been a really bad crash and the kid would have gotten banged up.
Yikes! That was really close. Those are the guys who need their passes pulled. That kid could even have been killed given the speed and complete lack of control of the "falling" skier.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January