• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ford Mach E

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Saw this driving next to me today. I didn't realize they were out in the wild yet.

IMG_2407.jpg

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One zipped by my house a few days ago, then back again into my neighbour's driveway a few houses down. They already have a Tesla Model 3, so methinks he put a deposit down long ago and there is a "demo" car making the rounds for trial purposes. I did a similar thing when the Audi TT was first coming out -> got to drive one well before they were shipping but passed on it as the 1.8L was underwhelming , though the baseball stitching seats were way cool at the time.

The Mach-E having a 0-60 time of 6.1 sec really should be called a Pinto instead ??

James

Out There
Instructor
The Mach-E having a 0-60 time of 6.1 sec really should be called a Pinto instead ??
Didn’t the 1978 BMW 320i have a 0-60 of over 11secs? Pinto must’ve been 14.

This guy’s 1978 Pinto does 0-60mph in 3.5sec. With lead-acid batteries.

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
-
Really? So a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid can smoke the Mach-E thing off the line with it's claimed 5.7sec. 0 - 60mph time, wow that's heresy!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I just drove from Utah to Virginia over the last three days. I guess I lead a sheltered life because I spotted some Mustang Mach E on this trip and I've never seen them on the road before. I guess they are supposed to look like a tesla, but they also reminded me a bit like the porsche macan

On I80 near Davenport, IA
mustang mach e davenport ia.jpg

On I70 near Columbus, OH
mustang mach 3 columbus oh.jpg

While I'm doing highway photos, there is a Hampton Inn on I80 near Green River, WY that I think has one of the most interesting settings for a roadside chain motel. This photo doesn't do justice to how scenic this location is nestled in private, little Wild Horse Canyon. For my next cross-country drive I need to get a sponsorship by Ford and Hampton Inn and take a picture of a Mach E parked in front of this motel ;)
ham inn green river wy.jpg

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It is a 4 door. There's a button on the c pillar to open the rear doors.
No such thing as a "cool" 4 door. It's just a compromise between a minivan and true sports car.. Sure it might be fast and handle great... but not "cool" looking. That hatch is lame too. Functional family car utility and "cool" are mutually exclusive.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We need to know where it lands on the Top Gear Cool Wall!

1615656575343.png

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
No such thing as a "cool" 4 door. It's just a compromise between a minivan and true sports car.. Sure it might be fast and handle great... but not "cool" looking. That hatch is lame too. Functional family car utility and "cool" are mutually exclusive.
Meh, cool is in the eye of the beholder, I personally love cars like the RS6 Avant and the AMG wagons but I agree it looks pretty much the same as every other "sporty" SUV on the market. Ford's plan is apparently to spin off Mustang as a brand, Like Hyundai did with Genesis and Dodge did with Ram so you will probably eventually see a whole line of "Mustang" vehicles.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
That vehicle is aimed a the key demographic group. Sportscars are nice..but don't sell that much. I'm sure Ford wants their big venture in EV's to be successful so you go with what sells.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
That vehicle is aimed a the key demographic group. Sportscars are nice..but don't sell that much. I'm sure Ford wants their first big venture in EV's to be successful so you go with what sells.

Boom. If it can beat a Honda Odyssey, it's sporty enough.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Looking like Mach-E will soon be facing some serious competition (depending on what the beast will cost) -

800Volt Charging 10% to 80% in 18 minutes, currently, only Porsche has that.
GT version 0 - 60mph under 3.5 seconds 577HP
AWD option…

Sponsor

Staff online