• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Found These Retros at a Thrift Store

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Saw some cool old ski gear at a thrift store today. Didn't buy any of it. The blue poles were really cool (Collins Prizmatic). They were hexagonal ( or some agonal) instead of round. The handles were comfy. Looked like they were never used. Would have bought them if they were longer.
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0563.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, I also would have snagged The Circles for a song..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
img_0562-jpg.19687

Those would go great with anything Hexcel!

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
I bought a ski wax iron at a thrift store a couple years ago for $3.

Never know what you're gonna find unless you actually check it out :)

TS
Idahosnow

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Pete, please go back and buy me the The Ski. LEt me know how much and what shipping is.

If you are serious, I will try to go back when I get a chance or call and see if they will hold them. They are up in Ketchum. I assume you are talking about the white ones with the colored circles. There was another pair labeled "The Ski" One ski was black the other was white and they had the geometric shapes on them that The Ski's tend to have. I think they were each $50 to $60.

Brian

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you are serious, I will try to go back when I get a chance or call and see if they will hold them. They are up in Ketchum. I assume you are talking about the white ones with the colored circles. There was another pair labeled "The Ski" One ski was black the other was white and they had the geometric shapes on them that The Ski's tend to have. I think they were each $50 to $60.

Brian
If they are there, I will want both. I will be happy to Paypal you the $$ and enough to cover shipping.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Found these today in a thrift store in Roseburg, OR. They want silly money for them $7.50. Pretty good shape; some edge rust and top sheet scratches. Throw away bindings and graphics that I don't remember from Dynamic, but they do say VR-17. 194's they say.

We are moving, that is why I was in the thrift store to donate. If you want them I will pick them up for you and ship at your expense. Let me know, cause we are gone in a few days.

VR 4.jpg
VR3.jpg
VR2.jpg
VR1.jpg

TS
Idahosnow

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
If they are there, I will want both. I will be happy to Paypal you the $$ and enough to cover shipping.

Okay....I will try to get those for you. Are these The Skis? The other half of this pair was white.
IMG_0553.JPG

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Okay....I will try to get those for you. Are these The Skis? The other half of this pair was white. View attachment 19738
Depending what bindings are on these, chances are I will have you strip the bindings and send me just the skis to save the shipping.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Once these skis are secured, or after you get them home, can you explain the year or era they're from?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thrift stores are great for old and odd stuff. @JeffS built a small fence with thrift store skis. Probably cost less than if he got wood from Home Depot. @Philpug's Duos came from the thrift store!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Found these today in a thrift store in Roseburg, OR. They want silly money for them $7.50. Pretty good shape; some edge rust and top sheet scratches. Throw away bindings and graphics that I don't remember from Dynamic, but they do say VR-17. 194's they say.

We are moving, that is why I was in the thrift store to donate. If you want them I will pick them up for you and ship at your expense. Let me know, cause we are gone in a few days.

View attachment 19734 View attachment 19735 View attachment 19736 View attachment 19737

What do you mean throw away the bindings!!! They look like Tyrolia 350D Of course you would have to test them but I would not be surprised if they release just fine

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What do you mean throw away the bindings!!! They look like Tyrolia 350D Of course you would have to test them but I would not be surprised if they release just fine
Looks like M51 demos on the white The Ski...No want, you are welcome to them. The Tyrolias are on the Dynamics.

Sponsor

Staff online