• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gooey Skin Glue

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think I'm leaning towards just purchasing a new pair. Sounds like the process of removing and regluing a skin might be more trouble than it's worth, when I wasn't 100% stoked on the skin to begin with (it's fine...but after using others on my splitboard, I realize what I'm missing out on).

I'm a big fan of the Pomoca glue. Easy to pull apart, but stay on ski. I have the climb pro s-glide and it's a good combo of glide and grip.

If I'm on the very top end of a small with my ski sizing, based on your experience with the cutting/tail retention/etc, would you go up to the medium or "max out" the small?

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I think I'm leaning towards just purchasing a new pair. Sounds like the process of removing and regluing a skin might be more trouble than it's worth, when I wasn't 100% stoked on the skin to begin with (it's fine...but after using others on my splitboard, I realize what I'm missing out on).

If I'm on the very top end of a small with my ski sizing, based on your experience with the cutting/tail retention/etc, would you go up to the medium or "max out" the small?

Pomoca has an excellent skin finder app that will tell you what size to go with. The wizard does err on the side of providing your ski with "wall-to-wall carpet" so do keep that in mind. I actually went with slightly narrower skins since they were going on a wide ski.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I'm a big fan of the Pomoca glue. Easy to pull apart, but stay on ski. I have the climb pro s-glide and it's a good combo of glide and grip.

I'm done trying to use BD skins. The glue is too sticky even to start and the backing of the lighter skins are difficult to trim even with a good tool and then I had to install the hardware, which didn't even function very well. I'd much rather pay $50 more than deal with them.

Don't even get me started on G3 haha.

Skins are the most underrated item of a touring set up. I'd much rather hunt for deals on skis and bindings than try to go cheap on skins.

I love having my purchase decisions validated by more experienced ski tourers. I'm excited to get the Climb Pro S-Glide skins out for their maiden voyage.

TS
Lauren

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Pomoca has an excellent skin finder app that will tell you what size to go with. The wizard does err on the side of providing your ski with "wall-to-wall carpet" so do keep that in mind. I actually went with slightly narrower skins since they were going on a wide ski.

Thanks! I totally missed this on their website. I think I'd also go narrower than their recommendation as well, at 135lbs and not climbing anything super steep, I've learned I don't need that much traction.

Sponsor

Staff online