• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Help me pick a winner: 80-ish EC ski

TS
bjohansson

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
The title is confusing; do you want an 80-ish mm ski or do you want an EC ski?
If an EC ski head original Supershape, Fischer SC (or RC if you like speed), Stockli SC or SX.
As for forgiving, it's all about tuning, my SCs are very forgiving when tuned with a 1 degree base.

If you want an 80 mm ski, Deacons are a pretty good ski and not hard at all to manage.
So, what is your definition of an EC ski? Does it have to be sub-70mm underfoot?

I owned the Fischer RC4 WC RC from the 2006 season. It's TR was 17M at 175cm so that's my definition of a GS cheater ski. If things have changed, my apologies but I did state that I was looking for a 16M to 18M TR. But not a race ski.

I do keep my skis tuned; have a friend that works in a shop and he makes sure my skis are well looked after.

TS
bjohansson

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
So, what is your definition of an EC ski? Does it have to be sub-70mm underfoot?

I owned the Fischer RC4 WC RC from the 2006 season. It's TR was 17M at 175cm so that's my definition of a GS cheater ski. If things have changed, my apologies but I did state that I was looking for a 16M to 18M TR. But not a race ski.

I do keep my skis tuned; have a friend that works in a shop and he makes sure my skis are well looked after.
The ideal east coast ski is a cheater SL or cheater GS ski or something in between, depending on your preferred speed and turn size, once you get the hang of using that type of ski. I would say you would be happiest with something 76 mm or under in waist width. That is unless you live in a rare frequently snow sub-area of the eastern half of the continent in the shadow of a large lake and get a lot of lake effect snow, but if you live there you will add a deeper snow ski to the quiver.

Sponsor

Staff online