• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Hestra glove straps to the rescue

Keys2Ski

Short-n-Sweet
Skier
So I may be slow out of the gate with this trick, but when my broccoli rubber band broke…I had to improvise… I never use these straps anyway :)

Attachments

• 2791AA8C-8083-46B4-A733-4373129DF7A5.jpeg
    2791AA8C-8083-46B4-A733-4373129DF7A5.jpeg
    251 KB · Views: 81
  • 3A842D78-F43E-4084-8598-6494CC191142.jpeg
    3A842D78-F43E-4084-8598-6494CC191142.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 81

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Hestra elastic wrist straps are one of the gloves' best features, as they are comfortable and will NEVER come off your wrist unexpectedly. When I got some Free The Powder gloves to replace my old worn out Hestras, the first thing I did was swap out the wrist straps.

Bob Simpson

Putting on skis
Skier
So I may be slow out of the gate with this trick, but when my broccoli rubber band broke…I had to improvise… I never use these straps anyway :)
Another option, (if you ever decide to use the Hestra wrist straps again.), are o-rings. Go to an auto parts store, and buy a 3.5 - 4 inch o-ring. Works great for a long time! Plus, they are cheap!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another option, (if you ever decide to use the Hestra wrist straps again.), are o-rings. Go to an auto parts store, and buy a 3.5 - 4 inch o-ring. Works great for a long time! Plus, they are cheap!
The O-ring brake strap is not bad, but the best I've seen was a ski shop that took a tire inner tube, cut 1" wide cross-section pieces. Then tied a simple knot in the middle creating a loop at each end that then goes over the brake arms. One inner tube is enough for a few dozen brake straps,

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Or you could just eat more broccoli.
I ate frozen broccoli crowns last night. But since I have had my skis treated with DPS, not only do I not need wax, I don't need no stinkin rubber bands. :ogbiggrin:

Edit: After re-reading my post above, I might as well beat the first wise cracking poster to the punch. "The broccoli might have tasted better if it was cooked before eating".

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It turns out that my favorite glove straps are the little white stretchy bands that Intuition puts around the throat of new liners. Sometimes I even order Scarpa-branded liners off of STP, remove the bands, and return the liners :ogcool:

James

Out There
Instructor
The O-ring brake strap is not bad, but the best I've seen was a ski shop that took a tire inner tube, cut 1" wide cross-section pieces. Then tied a simple knot in the middle creating a loop at each end that then goes over the brake arms. One inner tube is enough for a few dozen brake straps,
Couldn’t you just get an appropriate size tube and cut actual cross section rings? Like calamari.

466BDEC1-482E-4DB9-933A-81DCB3408986.jpeg

mister moose

Instigator
Skier
Hestra wrist straps are one of the many things I look at others use, and think "Slick!", but never use myself. Throw that on the same pile as Corvettes, terrain parks, Epic passes, parachutes, clear plastic pass thingies, onesies, skiing in shorts, Teslas, snowboards, camelbacks, and boot gloves. And if you're low on broccoli rubber bands, the elastic cause bracelet works great too.

Sponsor

Staff online