• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

In "line" for Epic reservations

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
I entered the online waiting room right at 10am when it opened and I was the 82,000 person in line. In 25 minutes I have been moved up to 71,879 person in line. Probably about 2 hours till I get let in at this rate.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
I entered it right at 8:00 am mountain was no 67,800 in line and 36 mins later I've only moved up to no 53,050. This despite a note on the site stating they're processing 50-150k requests per hour.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I entered the online waiting room right at 10am when it opened and I was the 82,000 person in line. In 25 minutes I have been moved up to 71,879 person in line. Probably about 2 hours till I get let in at this rate.

And then? You get to see what days are available?

TS
musicmatters

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
Not yet....This is just the waiting room. Once you get brought into book your days, then you have 20 minutes to respond to book your days.

PeterMN

Booting up
Skier
I submitted my email address to the "waiting room" at 7am mountain time. At 8am mountain i was placed randomly into a place in line, and i happened to get the 15,000 or so spot.

The site was telling me about 20 minutes to wait, and that ended up being pretty close.

I was emailed when my spot opened for registration, and I have completed the process. Everything ran smoothly, simply and intuitively. My epic pass account reflects the choices i made in the reservation system.

Amazing how many people are using the site.

the rona cant end soon enough.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Dropped 30k in the first hour in the waiting room. So it might be three hours wait for my 104k number.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I was in waiting room well before line opened and was over 86,000th in line. Just went under 45K.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
This whole system is complete BS. I want a week of off-time at my local hill, which does not get many vacationers at all, and I'm over 100,000th in line with a wait of over an hour. I know I should just wait for a few days for it to mellow out, but I should be able to go to Stevens Pass and deal with locals. I HATE Vail, Epic, and the whole corporate thing, but I'm stuck with them. Crap!

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What's the actual story with reservations, for those who have done it?

I have very little interest, personally, in playing games waiting hours in line to access a website to book ski days months out, especially when we have no idea what will be happening at that point in time. Although, thinking about it, maybe it's actually better to wait and see. If all the days end up booked well in advance, then I can rightfully get upset at Vail for messing up the numbers (i.e. selling more passes than they're actually able to accommodate). But assuming that doesn't happen, I'll probably want to avoid any days that get booked up for early reservations anyway.

Last edited:

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m done. Got my days, but one. The first week in Dec (1-6) is not open yet at Breckenridge because they aren’t sure there will be snow is what the site said. I was waiting @ 0700 and @0800 when it opened, I was #45500. I got the email about 2 hours later and the reservation process was easy and painless. We have all but one day we want and we will watch it and some of the days booked for February also.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
#16842 and have been in the waiting room for 3.5 hours. Double any time estimates given in the waiting room. It’s like Saturday night in the ER waiting room.

Last edited:
TS
musicmatters

musicmatters

Getting on the lift
Skier
Got all the days i wanted for the core season for Park City

They did not release the week of Thanksgiving yet. They said they would open it up when they were confident they had enough snow

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
This is like when the new iPhone goes on sale and people line up over night. It will calm down. First morning, everyone is trying to get on.

Sponsor

Staff online