• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
My wife is having eyelid surgery at the University of Utah on January 4. She needs to stay in SLC for a follow-up on January 11. She is going to be laid up for a good part of that time, but the surgeon said I should come prepared to ski. She doesn't really want to stay in a regular hotel room plus our Corgi will be with us. Does anyone know of any weekly rentals in SLC, preferably on the east side?

As for skiing, being retired I just don't ski on weekends, so I figure I have three days to ski, January 8-10, so if anyone wants to meet up for some runs, I'm game. I've skied Alta, Snowbird and Brighton, so I definitely want to get to Solitude and maybe even Park City. I could be tempted by Powder Mountain and/or Snow Basin too.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My first thought is to look at Homeaway (aka VRBO - same company now), AirBnB, and Flipkey for places. You can see locations on a map, and they probably have filter options for allowing pets.

Here's an example :
https://www.homeaway.com/results/ut...,+USA/arrival:2018-01-03/departure:2018-01-11

That's a search on Salt Lake City for the 3rd - 11th only showing places that allow pets. If you move or zoom the map, it will show you only the places on the map.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife is having eyelid surgery at the University of Utah on January 4. She needs to stay in SLC for a follow-up on January 11. She is going to be laid up for a good part of that time, but the surgeon said I should come prepared to ski. She doesn't really want to stay in a regular hotel room plus our Corgi will be with us. Does anyone know of any weekly rentals in SLC, preferably on the east side?

As for skiing, being retired I just don't ski on weekends, so I figure I have three days to ski, January 8-10, so if anyone wants to meet up for some runs, I'm game. I've skied Alta, Snowbird and Brighton, so I definitely want to get to Solitude and maybe even Park City. I could be tempted by Powder Mountain and/or Snow Basin too.
I'm game to meet for some runs at Snowbasin :D

The suggestions dbostedo listed are good ones. That's probably your best bet.

TS
Gerry Rhoades

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
thanks, both of you. My wife has found a place through VRBO in Bountiful which makes pretty much all the good ski areas within 50 miles. So Snowbasin is definitely on the list. We'll firm up a date for Snowbasin in late December or early January.

Sponsor