• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LEKI-usa Facebook Scam

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are sorry to report that there is a Facebook scam currently on running on Facebook. It seems someone specifically created a LEKI-usa account to deceive people and get credit card numbers.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 6.48.41 AM.png

https://sites.google.com/view/LEKI-...rh2-ngkmOZMoFZjI5-I9dbjZ_bj87axkb2p4oYjRopPPw

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
boooooo

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
These guys are professional scammers, they spent time creating a whole history with great photos to share ect.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What really stinks about stuff like this is, it takes a lot to get FB to take action. In the meantime people get duped.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What really stinks about stuff like this is, it takes a lot to get FB to take action. In the meantime people get duped.
Why I’m not on FB!
But, it’s everywhere, not just on that platform.
Anytime I get something that says I’m a “lucky winner,” my hackles go up.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I once and only once ordered some shoes from a facebook ad. I got sent a pair of sunglasses, not shoes. I do not like facebook and am only on there to keep in touch with a few friends.

Any service offered online, even from businesses that I know and trust and do business with, if they offer a free introduction but want a credit card number so they can start charging me if I forget to cancel after the free trial is over...they don't get my business.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anytime I get something that says I’m a “lucky winner,” my hackles go up.
I get that, but since this looked somewhat official and because we recently announced our partnership with LEKI we felt that some of our members may be at risk, especially since we run so many contests with our partners.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I get that, but since this looked somewhat official and because we recently announced our partnership with LEKI we felt that some of our members may be at risk, especially since we run so many contests with our partners.
With the above in mind, it might be a good idea to "bump" this thread every few weeks.

dan ross

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hold my beer while I get on my soapbox... there are probably 1000 scams going on at any given time on FB, and policing these seem fairly low on their list of priorities. There is very little incentive to put the necessary resources into dealing with this, 99% of the focus is into growing the platform.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No no no…this thread is super important! It DOES look official which is super troubling!

I just meant, from a personal perspective, FB just wears me out. But I don’t run a business that needs social media, so I have the luxury of opting out.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here is their fake Facebook page:

I have been posting a link to this thread to it and they keep deleting it. If anyone has some time to kill, feel free to do the same. Lets annoy them and create more work for them.

Sponsor

Staff online