• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Look Pivot Adjustability and BSL Variance

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
Hi,

I’m about to mount a Look Pivot Dual 14 WTR to my new skis for my Salomon boots (X-Pro). The boots are size 26/26.5, with a labeled BSL of 306mm.

My question is twofold:

1)I’m going to get new boots soon and I want to know how much variance there is in BSL between same mondo sizes of boot from one model to another and one brand to another because
2) I want to know how much adjustability there are in the Pivot bindings (the internet says not much, but what is not much?) and I’d rather not mount these bindings, get new boots in a few weeks, and have to re-mount them.

So if I get a 26/26.5 or so in a new boot, perhaps a size up or down depending on fit, perhaps in a different brand/model then the one I have, how likely is it that I will be able to have my Pivots adjusted to the new boot without having to remount, which I’d rather avoid?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not much is about 8-10mm...I would wait if you are changing sizes. If you are going from a 26.5 to another 26.5...you should...should be OK. But I would wait

Sponsor

Staff online