• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Looking for skis for a 10 year old boy.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Love your cage match reviews. Try not to miss any! As I was shopping for skis for my 10 year old boy, I realized that my son would fit perfectly on many women's skis like the Joy line etc. He needs a light weight ski but with some power (like the use of graphene) to support his growing strength and frame. I suspect this market is too small to convert the topsheets to a male youth oriented ski line. Cheers

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Love your cage match reviews. Try not to miss any! As I was shopping for skis for my 10 year old boy, I realized that my son would fit perfectly on many women's skis like the Joy line etc. He needs a light weight ski but with some power (like the use of graphene) to support his growing strength and frame. I suspect this market is too small to convert the topsheets to a male youth oriented ski line. Cheers
Seriously, you should consider the K2 Pinnacle Jr ski, which is 84 under foot. Its a really nice ski.
https://www.k2skis.com/en/skis/kids/pinnacle-jr-1718.html
Check with @SkiEssentials or @skifotm to see if they have it in stock.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Which is one reason I like the looks of the Fischer and Elan women lines. Great for young light males with out the pink. :)

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Seriously, you should consider the K2 Pinnacle Jr ski, which is 84 under foot. Its a really nice ski.
That's a great! ski but is there something less than a beer budget? Maybe sniffing glue budget. I assume that's cheap. I just bought him a Dynastar Team Speed Jr w/ Look 7 xp for $150 at Corbetts. Also, we ski in the Poconos and I am hesitant to have him jump to such a wide wasted ski until his ski fundamentals are rock solid or we move to VT. Whichever comes first. You're the best! cheers

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Other women's skis with generic looks for young boys,
Fischer Ranger
Elan RipSticks
Dynastar LegendW

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Skiessentials is awesome. I PMd @SkiEssentials regarding a Binding recommendation as I was very interested in the flat Volkl Step Jr. at 148cm. Skiessentials recommended the Marker M 7.0 Freeride. The whole package is $240 with 20% off to boot. Exactly in my price range. I decided against it because I want a demo / race style binding that can be easily resized. I am buying slightly longer skis than his size, he is growing like a weed and his foot size changes frequently and I think reselling it will be more desirable. In a vacuum this is what I would buy without other considerations for great Blue Mountain Pocono skiing.
Marker
Step Jr

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My hundred pounder is on Atomic women's skis this season.. But they're RED with no girly stuff at all..

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

My 97lbs, 5”2” daughter has those and has really skied wel on them in Colorado this past week and a half. Mostly soft, some powder, trees, moguls, some hardpack, a few scraped up grooomers back down at the end of day. She did well everywhere.

Turnoisier

Booting up
Skier
My 10 yr old has been on a pair of Fischer Prodigys for the last couple of seasons. They're twin tip, but do everything extremely well from very hard snow carving to sloppy spring snow. They have an 80mm waist IIRC. He loves them!

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Women's skis might work for a preteen, but not a 10 year old unless he's a brute. Ebay and craigslist are the way to go on the cheap if you don't mind some scratches on the topsheet.

If you don't mind shopping abroad, look at snowleader. I got my kid a pair of new 16/17 skis for cheaper than anywhere else, even after factoring the $50 shipping and exchange rate. Unfortunately you only get the free cheese (seriously) if you're ordering on the UK site.

Sponsor