• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Loqski, Protecting your Skis and Poles from Theft

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
So far not impressed. Second day of use and the main (ski) portion of the lock will not stay locked. Seems like the small tab that is supposed to keep the locked arm in place is loose. Contacted Loqski over a week ago and no response. Just sent them a second email. Will see how it goes.
Check your junk email or spam. I had the same issue and found ALL the emails in the junk email. I also had the same issue you did with the operation and found I had to apply more pressure, but not a lot to get the arms to lock in. I think its temp related. Once I repositioned the skis and added the pressure, they worked fine. I've been very happy with mine and haven't had any other issues once I figured it out.

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier
Check your junk email or spam. I had the same issue and found ALL the emails in the junk email. I also had the same issue you did with the operation and found I had to apply more pressure, but not a lot to get the arms to lock in. I think its temp related. Once I repositioned the skis and added the pressure, they worked fine. I've been very happy with mine and haven't had any other issues once I figured it out.

Thanks for the tips. Below is a video I have created to clarify the issue. What I also found while testing this out was that the side arms can easily be opened while locked, with a little bit of force.

And no, nothing in spam.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for the tips. Below is a video I have created to clarify the issue. What I also found while testing this out was that the side arms can easily be opened while locked, with a little bit of force.

And no, nothing in spam.

That doesn't seem loose. More like it's simply not functional. If it is just a loose or broken clip inside then that doesn't bode well for durability. My metal version locks down nicely.

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier
That doesn't seem loose. More like it's simply not functional. If it is just a loose or broken clip inside then that doesn't bode well for durability. My metal version locks down nicely.

That's what I meant by loose - when locked, it does not stay in place for the teeth of the arm to sink into to stay locked. Probably not the best choice of words...lol

@Tricia @Philpug Is there a loqski rep on this forum? I'm wondering if they are just having issues with their website and are not receiving emails sent through the contact form.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's what I meant by loose - when locked, it does not stay in place for the teeth of the arm to sink into to stay locked. Probably not the best choice of words...lol

@Tricia @Philpug Is there a loqski rep on this forum? I'm wondering if they are just having issues with their website and are not receiving emails sent through the contact form.
I think Loqski is dealing with supply issues. :(

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier

And no, nothing in spam.

Thats a failure for sure. Mine ratchets when i close it. Ive not tried to open it that way. Once the poles are in and its locked down, I dont see how you can get that much leverage to open. If a crook wants to steal anything, they will find a way. I view all locks as a deterrent only.

I had miss-placed my lock for my wall locker in the service. One of the guys walked over to my bunk, removed one of the steel legs, hit the top of the mster lock and it opened. Valuable lesson learned.

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier
Thats a failure for sure. Mine ratchets when i close it. Ive not tried to open it that way. Once the poles are in and its locked down, I dont see how you can get that much leverage to open. If a crook wants to steal anything, they will find a way. I view all locks as a deterrent only.

I had miss-placed my lock for my wall locker in the service. One of the guys walked over to my bunk, removed one of the steel legs, hit the top of the mster lock and it opened. Valuable lesson learned.
Sure, I understand that locks are a deterrent only. But this is just bad product design. Resourcefulness of thieves aside, this product doesn't perform it's basic function. And yes, you can pop it open even with the poles in. Maybe it's just a bad batch or they didn't fully test the new design. And I can understand that. What's inexcusable is the lack of response from the company. That, is not acceptable.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sure, I understand that locks are a deterrent only. But this is just bad product design. Resourcefulness of thieves aside, this product doesn't perform it's basic function. And yes, you can pop it open even with the poles in. Maybe it's just a bad batch or they didn't fully test the new design. And I can understand that. What's inexcusable is the lack of response from the company. That, is not acceptable.
The metal version works so I have to believe the design is sound and that they likely had a bad batch. This is assuming they kept the design the same and just changed materials.

Agreed about the lack of response.

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
Not being responsive is not good. Sorry you got a bad batch. We have two of the composite and they work great.

Charlie don't surf

Booting up
Skier
Just to update you. I never heard back from Loqski.

Thanks for the update. It's much appreciated.

Is there a small possibility that your email to Loqski wound up in their junk folder ? This probably wouldn't make much sense if you had ordered directly from Loqski, and your email address was already on file.

I can call free to the U.K. If you like, for the hell of it, I can ring them on Monday, and let them know of this forum's existence.

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier

Is there a small possibility that your email to Loqski wound up in their junk folder ? This probably wouldn't make much sense if you had ordered directly from Loqski, and your email address was already on file.

I can call free to the U.K. If you like, for the hell of it, I can ring them on Monday, and let them know of this forum's existence.
I did buy directly from Loqski so they should have my email on file. My guess is either there is something wrong with their website that the contact form is not sending them an email or they don't have the resources to answer the queries. Anyway, I filed a dispute with my credit card company so they will hear about it eventually.

If you have the time, sure. Think it may help Loqski as a business, if they were aware of skitalk.

James (Loqski)

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Manufacturer
SkiTalk Sponsor
I did buy directly from Loqski so they should have my email on file. My guess is either there is something wrong with their website that the contact form is not sending them an email or they don't have the resources to answer the queries. Anyway, I filed a dispute with my credit card company so they will hear about it eventually.

If you have the time, sure. Think it may help Loqski as a business, if they were aware of skitalk.
Hi, Loqski here. One of the Skitalk members called us and notified our team, about an issue you had with the product. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had an issue and can confirm that we did not receive any correspondence regarding this matter. We have looked at the issue you have experienced and spoken with our Manufacturers here in the UK and there appears to have been an issue with the process on the central slider engagement tooth, which was identified by quality control and taken out of the production line. The issue was to do with the engagement tooth, not engaging with the CAM. Our quality control department confirms that there were five green and three orange Loqski that had this issue and these were taken out of sale. Unfortunately, it appears that one of them, namely your Loqski, was mixed up with others and entered the sales chain. We have emailed you, so you may wish to check your email. Once again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience and await your decision on how you would like to proceed. Kindest regards.

James (Loqski)

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Manufacturer
SkiTalk Sponsor

Thank you for calling Loqski and notifying us about this. It's very much appreciated. Kindest regards, James (Loqski).

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier
Hi, Loqski here. One of the Skitalk members called us and notified our team, about an issue you had with the product. I'm very sorry to hear that you have had an issue and can confirm that we did not receive any correspondence regarding this matter. We have looked at the issue you have experienced and spoken with our Manufacturers here in the UK and there appears to have been an issue with the process on the central slider engagement tooth, which was identified by quality control and taken out of the production line. The issue was to do with the engagement tooth, not engaging with the CAM. Our quality control department confirms that there were five green and three orange Loqski that had this issue and these were taken out of sale. Unfortunately, it appears that one of them, namely your Loqski, was mixed up with others and entered the sales chain. We have emailed you, so you may wish to check your email. Once again, we are very sorry for this inconvenience and await your decision on how you would like to proceed. Kindest regards.
James - Thank you for the detailed explanation. I have responded to your email for a replacement.

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Loqski. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Charlie don't surf

Booting up
Skier
Thank you for calling Loqski and notifying us about this. It's very much appreciated. Kindest regards, James (Loqski).
First of all, thanks for taking my call. It was very evident that you were genuinely interested in coming onto this forum to learn more about schaudhary77's issue with your product.

The fact that you were willing to quickly come here, provide some insight into the issue, and reach out to schaudhary77 is very commendable. But more importantly, it gives potential customers (such as myself ) the confidence that your company will provide strong customer service post-purchase.

Cheers

schaudhary77

Booting up
Skier
First of all, thanks for taking my call. It was very evident that you were genuinely interested in coming onto this forum to learn more about schaudhary77's issue with your product.

The fact that you were willing to quickly come here, provide some insight into the issue, and reach out to schaudhary77 is very commendable. But more importantly, it gives potential customers (such as myself ) the confidence that your company will provide strong customer service post-purchase.

Cheers
Completely agree. Once James was in the know, he sorted out the issue quickly and went over and beyond with the resolution.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I nerded out a bit and compared the weight to my phone, which is an iphone 12 mini, in part b/c I really hate carrying large/heavy things in my pockets, too! Phone is 4.76oz, and loqski is 3.95oz, or 20% lighter than my phone.

Am curious about Uncle-A's comment. Anyone know if the loqski would lock to a rack?
I do have one at SkiTalk HQ if you want to play with it.

Sponsor