• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Mad River Glen - A Trip East

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mad River Glen has been a place that I've wanted to ski but never did. After I moved to Tahoe I asked the question. .....
Living Tahoe and flying east to ski - Does it make sense? on EpicSki.

This year is the year!
Phil and I talked about things I wanted to do for my 50th Birthday and I had things on my list like...

We are planning a trip to Stowe for work this winter so we are going to make it happen and celebrate my 50th year of being alive by making a trip to MRG.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mad River Glen has been a place that I've wanted to ski but never did. After I moved to Tahoe I asked the question. .....

This year is the year!
Phil and I talked about things I wanted to do for my 50th Birthday and I had things on my list like...

We are planning a trip to Stowe for work this winter so we are going to make it happen and celebrate my 50th year of being alive by making a trip to MRG.
Since the cat is out of the bag, it looks like we will be coming east this Spring. The National Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame Ceremonies will be at Stowe in the beginning of April. We wil be extending this trip to take Tricia to Mad River Glen a place that is on her bucket list. We also will be planning some other Pugski events (big and small) so keep the last week of March open. We might need to recruiting some east coast members to help with activities.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

This year is the year!

50??? Must be a typo!

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have not skied MRG either, so...

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
You are right, 49...and 12 months (incase the DIN police are reading).

For those that may not be aware: once you reach the age of 50 you are supposed to go up one line on the binding DIN chart. In other words you are now weaker, have less stamina and slower muscle reaction time so you need a lower binding release setting.

I lied to the DIN Police until age 60 and by that time I was more than ready for a lesser DIN number.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hope you guys survive Stowe. Better take the Enforcers and Santa Anas.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
For those that may not be aware: once you reach the age of 50 you are supposed to go up one line on the binding DIN chart. In other words you are now weaker, have less stamina and slower muscle reaction time so you need a lower binding release setting.

I lied to the DIN Police until age 60 and by that time I was more than ready for a lesser DIN number.

Isn't it *amazing* how the human body has a perfect clock that just implodes at age 50?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Yeah I live in Colorado but I will definitely have to make a trip to the East one of these days to ski MRG, Stowe, maybe others. East Coast skiing doesn't get a lot of love in my neighborhood but those places are legendary and it just seems a shame to let a skiing life go by without checking them out. Hope you have a great trip.

Sponsor

Staff online