• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Media Coverage of WC racing - Streaming or TV

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Looks like we are stuck with multiple streaming services to watch ski racing again this season. Peacock (I assume Peacock Premium) for Austrian races & Ski & Snowboard Live for European & Canadian races.
No mention of US race coverage :(.
Killington:
1697736153039.png

According to the USSS website, Beaver Creek and Aspen will be on NBC, and Tahoe will be a combo of streaming (I would guess Outside TV) and NBC.

4ster

Instructor
Killington:
View attachment 213542

According to the USSS website, Beaver Creek and Aspen will be on NBC, and Tahoe will be a combo of streaming (I would guess Outside TV) and NBC.
That's what I figured, same as last year but was hoping for something better. That's 3 paid streaming services that I have no interest in except for the ski racing :( :( :(

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
That's what I figured, same as last year but was hoping for something better. That's 3 paid streaming services that I have no interest in except for the ski racing :( :( :(
last year the Tahoe races on Outside TV didn't require a subscription.

But I guess I'm fine ... I get Peacock "for free" through xfinity and Outside TV+ for free with one of my passes...

That skiracing.com piece suggests skiandsnowboard.live might have an app this year ... would be a huge improvement

Last edited:

4ster

Instructor

But I guess I'm fine ... I get Peacock "for free" through xfinity and Outside TV+ for free with one of my passes...

That skiracing.com piece suggests skiandsnowboard.live might have an app this year ... would be a huge improvement
I don’t mind paying if it’s reasonable, it’s more having to keep track of 3 different subscriptions.

arkay

Booting up
Skier

arkay

Booting up
Skier
It does stink that we are back with the fragmented coverage like last year. But I’ll put up with it as long as the commentator situation is sorted. Ed, Pino, Doug, and Ted. None of the others, thanks. (The former female WC ski racer and the nerdy guy need not apply. Don’t know his name because he never announced it.)

James

Out There
Instructor
We lost Peacock on xfinity. Well, it’s there but no ski racing last year.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
That was not, in any way shape or form, an account of anything other than "Here are the 2.3 Mikaela races that we may be covering to some limited Mikaela Shiffrin extent, and to which you may or may not have access, depending on your zodiac sign and how well Mikaela is doing. And by the way, Mikaela Shiffrin." Nauseating.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Ski and Snowboard Live does have an app now. Last year I was casting it from my laptop onto my TV (wish they'd come up with an app for those of us who use Roku).

4ster

Instructor
That was not, in any way shape or form, an account of anything other than "Here are the 2.3 Mikaela races that we may be covering to some limited Mikaela Shiffrin extent, and to which you may or may not have access, depending on your zodiac sign and how well Mikaela is doing. And by the way, Mikaela Shiffrin." Nauseating.
Lest we forget, it IS the Mikaela show!

So I can sign up for Peacock for a month & get Solden, cancel it until the return to Austria. Sign up for Ski & Snowboard live for Levi & the DH, then Outside + for Beaver Creek & Killington & tune in to NBC which may or may not show Shiffrin & a couple others ‍:doh:!

4ster

Instructor
Ski and Snowboard Live does have an app now. Last year I was casting it from my laptop onto my TV (wish they'd come up with an app for those of us who use Roku).
Link?

Also… Did anyone find a reliable YouTube channel last season, even in a foreign language?

4ster

Instructor
Don’t forget Nbc is for the most part, just the second run.
& often a week after the fact.

Don’t take me wrong about Shiffrin. It is much more interesting with her than without her. I just think it is rude & disrespectful to talk about her while others are racing & I think she would agree.

4ster

Instructor

Zirbl

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lest we forget, it IS the Mikaela show!
Not just your lot. Kranjska Gora last year. Grenier records her first win and the first Canadian women's GS win since the 70s. The German broadcaster misses her taking the podium because they're asking Shiffrin what went wrong.

h2o_snow

Water, snow & dirt.
Skier
Thanks for the updates & happy new race season. Mrs. Snow is big women’s fan & pissed - looks like the same fragmented BS as last season.

I’ll need to check on Outside TV - maybe a surprise for the wifey.

Solden here we go.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This came up on FB. Since it's internet, maybe you can get it in the states?

It's geofenced so you'd need a Canadian IP address to watch. A VPN allows this - at least one that has a robust network of exit points.

Sponsor

Staff online