• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Men’s World Cup 2021

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Rock hard surface. Turny, tricky set by Slovenian coach (fun) in1:st. ”Easy” hill ... but difficult to be fast.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I hate to "like" that news about Kilde. I got a call a while ago about that. Ugh is right.
I think there is a fair amount of chatter about the effects of a season dragging on, dealing with "all of the COVID bullshit", and the resulting lack of conditioning time.....and limited prep periods in the summer and fall for most. Not that it would result in an ACL for Kilde.

In the eyes of many, the strongest and one of the best conditioned guys on tour. Sorry to hear this, but he'll be back. Without question.

Moose32

Attacking the Fall Line
Skier
FYI, just saw on Porino's Twitter feed that Alexandre Aamodt Kilde is out for the season: torn ACL in GS training. Porino also posted - then pulled - video of the crash (which had been posted by Norwegian TV).
That sticks. My strongest remaining (rooting) interest was pulling for Kilde to defend the overall globe.
From here, I guess it is Cortina and seeing if MS can find her groove and chip away at 86.
Tough couple weeks for the Attacking Vikings. I need an Aquavit (Linie of course).

Last edited:

Muleski

Inactive
Agree on that, @S.H. ! Manny Feller on the top of the leader board for the SL globe! Now, granted it's ONE point over Schwarz! Bring it on!

With Kilde out, we have Pintu leading with 718 points over now Odermatt at 501. Could be very interesting. Very much so. Before WCF, I think it's 5 SL, 3 SG, 2 GS....then of course one of each at WCF's.

Good be a fun ending to a fairly odd season!

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Bummer about Kilde, hope for a good recovery.
Congrats to Feller, good to see him sew it together for the win.

I was drooling over the Flachau snowstorm, worst snow year I can remember here in Utah.
B4509482-CD64-4838-B465-DCCB25523D8A.jpeg

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What happened to Feller? He's always been a favorite for his somewhat, um, extroverted style, but I also pegged him as an underachiever — a gifted guy who might not harness his talent. Looks like he's really dialed in this year.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
What happened to Feller? He's always been a favorite for his somewhat, um, extroverted style, but I also pegged him as an underachiever — a gifted guy who might not harness his talent. Looks like he's really dialed in this year.

I don’t have a full story about his setups, training etc... but I know that Feller has had really bad back problems that are better now. He has a very unique style and there are a lot of opinions, sometimes too many perhaps. It’s really great that you can be sucessful doing ’your’ thing. That you can have really different shaped guys like Popov and Zenhäusern being on the WC.

Teppaz

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So true — I love that a guy with a more idiosyncratic style can win a WC race.

TS
4ster

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
And there you have it, another first time winner...

F6F8A16F-C5C3-4DAA-8215-5A0D127AFF76.jpeg

& some others moving their way under the ladder. (Gstrein, Ginnis, Jakobson).

Popov and Zenhäusern being on the WC.
It would be cool to see them on the podium together :ogcool:

Last edited:

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think the latest we know, at least officially, is that head/neck injuries were pretty minor, and that there was some knee injury that required further evaluation.

Nobody ever said USST was good at communication

I spoke with an unnamed source in the Bend medical community today who has connections to Ford. Sounds like Tommy Ford has a tibia plateau fracture, out for the season. The local news showed the crash but said they had no details of injuries. Weird that details are sparse, but my source is pretty good.

Muleski

Inactive
Just got this awesome vid in my YT recommendations. If you have an hour to spare, definitely worth watching. Almost all of Hirschers victory runs.

Thanks for posting and sharing. Great stuff! His retirement {well deserved, BTW} leaves such a void. Great video!

Sponsor

Staff online