• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MEN'S World Cup 2022-2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
One athlete run SL another run speed. So if you are ASL, Vlova or some other skier from a nation who do not have a speed skier to pair up with, you will not be competitive for the points at stake and it is not up to you as an athlete. This will give an edge to athletes from the bigger nations who have tech and speed teams not only in the Team AC, but in the long run for your rank and ultimatelly for globes.
But the Team AC wouldn't affect the SL globe, right? You don't get SL points for AC? I understand it can be unfair for the overall, but I asked since you said "...in their fight for the SL globe...".

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
But the Team AC wouldn't affect the SL globe, right? You don't get SL points for AC? I understand it can be unfair for the overall, but I asked since you said "...in their fight for the SL globe...".
It does ... points go to individual overall, individual DH/SG (whichever is contested), and individual SL standings.
1692724137139.png

I don't love team AC outside of major championships (world champs, olympics), but ... I like it more than team parallel. I think having team AC affect individual globes is dumb.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So you could lose the downhill globe to someone else straddling in the AC?
Technically, yes. Even worse, you don't even have the chance to earn those extra points becuase your nation is a small one that doesn't have both tech and speed.

Swede

Making fresh tracks
Skier

It will be SL points for the one racing SL and speed for the one in speed, if I don't completely misunderstood it... So it will affect your overall, individual rank in that dicipline. Ultimatelly for the globes. It gives an upper hand to athletes from the big nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online