• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BlueDevil63

Booting up
Skier
Morrie Shepard, ski industry pioneer and a neighbor of mine, passed away on Oct. 12. I only got to speak with Morrie a few times but he was quite the character and knew and had interesting stories about all the US skiing pioneers. RIP

http://www.vaildaily.com/news/morri...chool-director-has-taken-his-final-lift-ride/

morrieshepard-vdn-101717-1.jpg

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In my minds eye, I can still see Morrie standing at the base wearing a pair of pink Langes. I mean really pink. Don't recall ever seeing any for sale though.
Caution, just because I remember something doesn't mean it actually happened. It's something that happened as I grew even older.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
In my minds eye, I can still see Morrie standing at the base wearing a pair of pink Langes. I mean really pink. Don't recall ever seeing any for sale though.
Caution, just because I remember something doesn't mean it actually happened. It's something that happened as I grew even older.

Lange Pink pugski 1.jpg

SKIING Sept 1988

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great catch Dave, but the pink boots I saw on Morrie were over 20 years ahead of those in the 1988 ad. i probably saw them in the first or second year Vail was open.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Great catch Dave, but the pink boots I saw on Morrie were over 20 years ahead of those in the 1988 ad. i probably saw them in the first or second year Vail was open.

Killy had some red skis in the 60s which turned pink when exposed to sunlight.

Sponsor

Staff online