• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need help with binding adjustment

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
My wife and I both got new boots. The BSL on my new boots were close enough to the old ones I did not need to make any adjustments, other than the AFD on a pair of Attack 13s. However, my wife's Samba have a Marker binding that I am having a hard time getting info one. They are marked 12.0. The AFD has "I.ROC" stamped into the metal. I was able to make the BSL adjustment, but I want to make sure I adjust the AFD height if necessary, but there does not seem to be an adjustment for that, that I could easily find.
Anyone have an answer on this?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Make sure you have the forward pressure indicator in the right area when clicked in. Just because the boots fit without too much "persuasion" or goes in easily and "feels tight enough" does not guarantee that they will release correctly or retain correctly when skiing them if the forward pressure is not set within the optimal zone. This is one of those things where if you need to ask... about the toe height.. you should probably have them checked by a tech before skiing them..

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Unless your ski boot was within 3mm of the old boots on the Attacks, they will need forward pressure movement. Each notch is about 3mm of movement on the Attacks.
The back forward pressure gauge is still within the notched area still then?

Think those are the 12.0 Glide bindings from Marker and have no toe height adjustment as it is auto on them iirc. You could try the business card resistance test under the boot at the toe on both bindings to check for sure it’s okay though.
Not sure if that marker had the “rear binding screw flush to the housing” or another marking for forward pressure though. You said that was okay though on these bindings?

Never a bad idea to bring them to your ski hill shop for them to take a quick look at them before skiing them for some peace of mind.

TS
johnnyvw

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
My boots were 2mm shorter than the old ones. The Attacks have a forward pressure indication of a number of slashes, with both boots the indication was just about in the middle. I had to adjust the AFD height on those binding.

The Makers are on a connected channel with BSL markings (they may be a demo binding). The FPI is a "D" shaped plunger with serrations at the rear of the binding. After setting the connection to the proper settings for front and rear, the FPI is right in the middle.

I did not see an AFD height adjustment like the Attacks have, which is why I posted the question. I am familiar with binding adjustments, having once been certified for Look and Salomon. I'm hoping someone out there has experience with these specific bindings and can confirm these are self adjusting for height

Sponsor

Staff online