• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New member from SF Bay Area

bpratt

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi all. I live near Stanford on the SF Peninsula, ski mostly at Sun Valley in Idaho and secondarily at Tahoe. After a lifetime of cycling and skiing I prefer fast skiing on groomed runs, which is why Sun Valley is my preferred ski destination.
I'm also a long time cyber security expert if you ever have any questions...

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome...from the Bay Area (Los Altos) and grew up skiing at Tahoe. Hope you enjoy your time here!

k2rider

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hi all. I live near Stanford on the SF Peninsula, ski mostly at Sun Valley in Idaho and secondarily at Tahoe. After a lifetime of cycling and skiing I prefer fast skiing on groomed runs, which is why Sun Valley is my preferred ski destination.
I'm also a long time cyber security expert if you ever have any questions...

If fast groomers are what you seek, Sun Valley is a fantastic choice. I've only been there once and had great time but damn it was COLD!!

TS
B

bpratt

Putting on skis
Skier
If fast groomers are what you seek, Sun Valley is a fantastic choice. I've only been there once and had great time but damn it was COLD!!
I've been skiing there since my kids started learning on Dollar Mountain back in 2010.
They do all the little things right that make for a good ski destination in my view. No lift lines, fast chairs, good grooming, terrific lodges with good food, free parking, inexpensive lodging close to the base, etc.
From my house it's only a couple of hours more travel time than driving to Tahoe, and the savings on condo rentals balances out the plane tickets.

k2rider

Getting on the lift
Skier
I've been skiing there since my kids started learning on Dollar Mountain back in 2010.
They do all the little things right that make for a good ski destination in my view. No lift lines, fast chairs, good grooming, terrific lodges with good food, free parking, inexpensive lodging close to the base, etc.
From my house it's only a couple of hours more travel time than driving to Tahoe, and the savings on condo rentals balances out the plane tickets.

Our one and only trip was in late January 1996 IIRC. We stayed a bed & breakfast, just the wife and I. We had no fresh snow and with the COLD temps, everything was running fast.

Sponsor