• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Ski Carrier

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just found a new way to carry my skis when walking in from the parking lot. These were a gift from a friend who knows that I struggle a bit when parking far away from the slopes.

It's called the Stevie Strap after the inventor's granddaughter. Apparently they are a new start-up and very responsive to questions.

www.thesteviestrap.com

The strap is very small and fits easily into my sleeve pocket.

IMG_20210220_144859069_1613861410271.jpg

IMG_20210225_173201687_1614303175164.jpg

IMG_20210225_180047995_1614304949945.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I just found a new way to carry my skis when walking in from the parking lot. These were a gift from a friend who knows that I struggle a bit when parking far away from the slopes.

It's called the Stevie Strap after the inventor's granddaughter. Apparently they are a new start-up and very responsive to questions.

www.thesteviestrap.com

The strap is very small and fits easily into my sleeve pocket.

View attachment 126245

View attachment 126247

View attachment 126248
That is interesting, I use to reverse the poles and put the basket of one pole through the straps of the other pole and they hold the skis in the same way. I don't know how many people do that but it does work. I guess you can use the new gadget if you wanted, what are they charging for this new gadget?

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I saw someone use something similar at canyons the other day but instead of replicating the Texas suitcase there was a cuff attached near the tips and another near the tails with a long strap attaching the two cuffs. The carrier was able to put the strap over one shoulder and carry the skis kinda like a rifle.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I think any strap product has got to be over the shoulder or on your back that frees up hands so you can carry the 2nd pair of skis that you got roped into carrying; Then you got to match or beat the $10 Aspen highlands bowl strap on some factor (most likely bulkiness or ease of adjustability) (many contendors on amazon).

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I saw someone use something similar at canyons the other day but instead of replicating the Texas suitcase there was a cuff attached near the tips and another near the tails with a long strap attaching the two cuffs. The carrier was able to put the strap over one shoulder and carry the skis kinda like a rifle.
Lots of ski shops and resorts sold those with advertising on them. Souvenirs.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
It's how you get your skis from your King Ranch F250 to the River Run gondola.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Always good to review the video before and during the ski season just to make sure you get the carrying types correct and see how many you can spot. Most elusive is the "hobo", although I did see that once at Steamboat a few years ago.........................

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
My kids do the Texas Suitcase but use the Velcro ski straps ti reinforce it and keep the pole straps from sliding around on the ski as much..

TS
skibum4ever

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Carry skis? I've seen newbies on rentals "cross country skiing" back to the rental shop over the pavers at Steamboat's base area.

Early in our ski career, we saw 3 skiers ski across the asphalt parking lot toward their cars. When my husband asked they told him "They're rentals!"

Sponsor

Staff online