• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Ski to follow my 5 kids!

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
pitarg

pitarg

Booting up
Skier
Sounds like you’re trying to put together a 3 ski quiver: 70-80mm carver, 90-100mm all mtn and 110+mm powder. Like I mentioned in my previous post I think you’ll be able to do most of your skiing with your kids with your narrow ski provided it’s more of a recreational carver. Since you’ll have a firm snow carver, for the 90-100mm all mtn consider getting a more soft snow biased ski, less of a charger and using it for those 4-10” new snow days with or without kids. Anything less than that and you’ll probably ski your carver and more than that you’ll be on your powder skis. Skis like the Rustler 9, Liberty Origin 96, J Skis Masterblaster, ON3P Woodsman 96, DPS Pagoda Piste 94, Fischer Ranger 94FR, Armada Declivity 92 would fit the bill. I think most of the skis you have on your list are more charger oriented and would be harder to handle in the trees and bumps. For length, depending on your ability level 170cm-180cm sounds about right to me. 165cm is probably a little short for an all mtn ski.
Yes, 3 ski quiver is what I am looking for and I was trying to buy the Dad Ski first. Too many options out there.
I am trying to demo a Enforcer 88 or Navigator 85 but cant really find it for demo purposes... I did try Declivity 92 at 172cm and it felt a bit on the longer side for bumps and trees, maybe the 165 could work better although it will not be as stable when going fast.

I heard about Folsom Spar 88, anybody has comments on that one?

TS
pitarg

pitarg

Booting up
Skier
TS
pitarg

pitarg

Booting up
Skier
In case anyone was wondering, I ended up with a 168cm Spar 88 from Folsom custom fit. The process is very straightforward and they were very good at recommending materials, shape, tip, core, etc. The final product was "better than expected".
It came out a bit more than a "dad ski" actually! Excellent for all conditions, from groomed to powder and from moguls and trees! A bit slower than what I am used to but serves the "dad speed" function. Excellent edge on icy conditions and almost twin tip good for park terrain.
All in all, perfect choice and I am now thinking I don't need a dedicated powder ski. This is a true one "dad" ski quiver!

Almost forgot, awesome custom graphic work, meet The Wolf of Beaver Creek below!

WolfofBC.png

Sponsor

Staff online