• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic New York Catskill's Ski History

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just took a look and made a few posts. So many of those areas were still in operations when I started skiing, now are just history. Thankfully I skied a few of them!

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I might have an Northeast ski area map from the 70's, but right now it's packed away and in storage. If I find it in a few months I'll see about posting a picture of the Catskills areas

TS
bmlvail

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider
I might have an Northeast ski area map from the 70's, but right now it's packed away and in storage. If I find it in a few months I'll see about posting a picture of the Catskills areas
I still have mine from 1979

Attachments

• NYS_ski_map_cover.jpg
    NYS_ski_map_cover.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 10
  • NYS_ski_map.jpg
    NYS_ski_map.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 11

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ah, there's one that popped up into my brain...Cortina Valley. I remember passing it when going to Hunter many years ago. Any idea of the status?

That map is probably about the same time frame as mine....

TS
bmlvail

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider
Ah, there's one that popped up into my brain...Cortina Valley. I remember passing it when going to Hunter many years ago. Any idea of the status?

That map is probably about the same time frame as mine....
Cortina is also long gone. Only Hunter, Windham, Belleayre, Plattekill, Holiday Mtn, Villa Roma, Mt Peter and a few on the other side of the Hudson remain.

Sponsor

Staff online