• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ogso Skis?

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Never heard of this brand before. Very low price for sure, but somewhat alarming - are your spidey senses tingling?

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Never heard of this brand before. Very low price for sure, but somewhat alarming - are your spidey senses tingling?
Yes, the 'too good to be true' ones. I'm wondering if this is a case of a boutique Euro brand (they're out of Chamonix? ETA: Malta, Tunisa and Cranves-Sales, SE France. Ummm, interesting?) trying to go global a bit too fast, didn't 'take' in NA market so Backcountry is dumping stock. Like I said on paper they look/sound great.

Last edited:

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Not sure what's too cheap about them ( backcountry helpfully block Euro IP addresses rather than deal with GDPR) but the regular website looks like thoroughly normal prices at least for anyone who doesn't subscribe to the skitalk mantra of if you're not dropping $1300 on a frontside carver you don't deserve to be on the hill.

If I had to guess a US distributor has let them down so they've flipped stock to backcountry.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Not sure what's too cheap about them ( backcountry helpfully block Euro IP addresses rather than deal with GDPR) but the regular website looks like thoroughly normal prices at least for anyone who doesn't subscribe to the skitalk mantra of if you're not dropping $1300 on a frontside carver you don't deserve to be on the hill.

If I had to guess a US distributor has let them down so they've flipped stock to backcountry.
Yep at 60% off msrp and the specs, putting it at like 300 - feels worth the risk to experiment.

Think I'll take a flyer on these - they can't be terrible, right? https://www.backcountry.com/ogso-corbets-110-ski

James

Out There
Instructor
Sound interesting. Who knows. Worth a flyer at <$300
They’re $700 skis before discount. Not exactly cheap

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
What do backcountry have them on at? Well worth a punt if its your sort of ski I'd say.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Why? I love my ZAGs and if these are made by the same people ...

Boom - Herself is getting a nice fresh new pair of Diable 100s...
FOMO. these were recommended on another thread: https://www.praxisskis.com/custom-skis/protest-custom-ski/

Along with some 'penny wise, pound foolish' commentary that resonated. In classic Skitalk fashion I have descended into analysis paralysis.

The Ogso's with Shifts would likely be more than good.

Swiss Toni

Out on the slopes
Skier
Meditec was originally set up by the Swiss snowboard company Nidecker and was for a long time managed by Nanni Tua, someone who has a lot of experience in ski manufacturing. They also make skis for Movement skis, Switzerland’s second largest ski brand. I have never seen any reports of manufacturing problems. Ogso skis were shaped by Stéphane Radiguet the guy who set up ZAG. Stéphane recently founded a new company, Shuss skis.

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
Ogso is new to me... Stéphane Radiguet at Shuss knows his stuff...so pay attention to any skis he produces.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
IMG_20220527_184707.jpg

Ogso Diable - roses and azaleas for colour reference.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Just got them? Looking forward to first impressions. Mine? Those scoops are YUGE. Big time rocker and enormous shovels. Wow.

I actually had them Friday last week but the post I did went into the dark depths of limbo and I only just noticed - sorry.

The shovels are very consistent with what I expected from a ZAG designer :) The cores are light even in the "Medium Light" build, but nicely damp, more damp than most carbon builds.

James

Out There
Instructor
Sinking tails with that huge forebody?
Maybe you’ll need a periscope in deep pow to see ahead.
I always read it as Osbo. And fyi to the graphics guy, it’s bad to chop your name.

Sponsor

Staff online