• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ON3P Jeffrey 110 vs Bent Chetler 110

Barmstrong

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all, I’m torn between the ON3P Jeffrey and the bent chetler 110. I am skiing out of Bozeman as a college student and want to get into more of a one ski quiver due to space issues. I am an advanced skier weighing around 170 lbs. I have made my old armada arv 96’s from back east work but want to get into a ski more fit for the terrain I ski (being mainly bridger bowl). What are peoples opinions on these two skis? The jeffreys are a bit more expensive but I am yet to hear a single negative about them. All thoughts are welcomed. TIA.

BigSlick

Getting off the lift
Skier
No experience with either, which are two skis that you don't see talked about much on this site. Check out these resources, which may help your decision:

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have skied the Bent 110 and while I haven't skied the Jeffrey 110, I have skied other ON3P skis. I would not expect these to ski very similarly at all. The Bent 110 is quite a bit lighter and softer. I think it's going to favor a more playful, active style.

dusty

Getting on the lift
Skier
I haven’t skied the Bent 110 and only a kartel 108, but John is correct above. The bent would be very soft And more center mounted.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Very different skis.

As near as I can tell, Blistergear has not reviewed current ON3P offerings.

I have not skied the current fat Jeffreys. I've repeatedly demoed the 120 Bent Chets, not the 100 (which I'm told is better in chop/crud) or the 110 (which I'm told does about the same as the 120, with slightly greater versatility, in this case, being narrower).

You would pretty much have to be a freestyler, bent on that approach, to go for the Bent and give up directional chop/crud skiing at even a bit of speed, except with very active feet.

ON3P tends to make heavier, more stable skis, designed for their home base, the Pacific Northwest, but also great elsewhere.

I own and enjoy a pair of older 110 Jeffreys, love them, and know nothing directly of the current versions, other than the Billy Goats (great ski).

My older version of the Jeffreys was a classic for ON3P, even for their employees; and was in some ways more comparable to the Bent Chets, being very playful and flexible like the Bents - but at the same time, big difference: the fatter Bent Chets get tossed in chop/crud at a bit of speed, whether the earlier, heavy versions, or the more recent lighter ones; my older 110 Jeffreys, on the other hand, do not get tossed - very damp and stable, and heavy. And at least my Jeffrey 110s can be driven forward in spite of being twin tipped, whereas the Bent Chets like more upright and centered, mostly.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January