• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Outer Limits today

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ski trivia: What two show-off bump runs at different ski areas have the same name and are only 14 miles apart as the crow flies?
Hint: one of the runs is the best show-off bump run at Vail, typically the best zipper lines on the mountain. The other one, you really have to bring your A show-off game for the goofy fall line and resulting irregular bumps if you ski it under the lift.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hint: one of the runs is the best show-off bump run at Vail, typically the best zipper lines on the mountain. The other one, you really have to bring your A show-off game for the goofy fall line and resulting irregular bumps if you ski it under the lift.
Gotta be Highline then... right?

James

Out There
Instructor
891B06D4-CFD4-499B-B479-D237856FCAF8.jpeg

Outerlimits this morning. Lift stops today.

James

Out There
Instructor
It’s skiable top to bottom! Well, once you walk down to the snow... Better then mud at the bottom. When we left at 3 there were half a dozen on it.
But I agree, it’s two weeks too early. Thurs night + was brutal apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogg

James

Out There
Instructor
I can't like this even though it is a great photo. I'm pretty sure this would have been the weekend of the BMMC in a normal season so seeing it so far gone is kind of depressing.
I think last weekend would’ve been it. Here’s the last one, April 6, 2019-

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I think last weekend would’ve been it. Here’s the last one, April 6, 2019-
I was there that weekend. I didn’t watch the comp but took advantage of the nice lines around the mountain formed by the all the good bumpers that came out.

ETA: there was a lot more snow that weekend. Most of the mountain was open IIRC.

Last edited:

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We skied Killington this weekend and must have crossed tracks with @James . Saturday was almost 70 and sunny. We left home at 7AM and were skiing around 12:30- 3 after which we were enjoying some hard seltzers on the patio by the bottom of Superstar lift with actual live music. Superstar was like a super highway at rush hour. Skiing over to OL, Bear Trap was ridiculously crowded with skiers rushing into the tight, muddy thread lines connecting patches of deeper base. Outer Limits was much nice traffic-wise and the people there were better skiers overall and n less of a hurry it seemed...so less worry about some out of controller muddying your day. We did see one mud skier straight-lining OL from a couple hundred yards up to the bottom. Crazy!

You had to walk the top 50 yards or so to get to snow at the top of OL but it was well covered and kind of fun. We just skied it once on Saturday. Ovation, next to Superstar was less trafficked and had really nice bumps and snow but you had to take skis off and hoof over to Superstar about 2/3 of the way down.

Sunday we got out around 9:30 and temps were in the 50's/cloudy. Sun came out and it warmed up to the 60s. Much less crowded on Superstar and we also made our way up the canyon. A true spring bumping weekend and I have yet to look at the bottom of Robin's skis. Hey all skis are rock skis right? I skied my oldest most worn pair. We quit around noon and sat in the sun outside our car for an hour then home. Nice to be vaccinated and able to travel to VT without quarantining and testing.

James

Out There
Instructor
Ovation, next to Superstar was less trafficked and had really nice bumps and snow but you had to take skis off and hoof over to Superstar about 2/3 of the way down.
Uuggh, camouflage grass! Like two blades deep hiding endless rocks. A ruse to force you to walk in mud. Ovation was good but that walk out was brutal.
A week of this walking stuff and I might become a mud skier.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online