• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Outside Media acquires PinkBike, CyclingTips and Trailforks.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
VerticalScope bought a couple of firearm forums i was active on. They ruined them. Many left.
On the flip side, they bought a watch forum I'm active on a few years ago... a bunch of people got upset and left including several mods.

From my point of view, nothing really changed and it's only gotten better, including a much needed upgrade to XenForo. I think in this case, the cause of people leaving was really just that change is hard, and some people think any change is automatically a negative (or they bring their own negativity to it).

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
On the flip side, they bought a watch forum I'm active on a few years ago... a bunch of people got upset and left including several mods.

From my point of view, nothing really changed and it's only gotten better, including a much needed upgrade to XenForo. I think in this case, the cause of people leaving was really just that change is hard, and some people think any change is automatically a negative (or they bring their own negativity to it).
Sounds like they were ticked off and all wound up and you waited and watched to see what happened and by biding your time and everything turned out for the best.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like they were ticked off and all wound up and you waited and watched to see what happened and by biding your time and everything turned out for the best.
*groan* I "liked" that post, but I don't like it, really. :P

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier

In our case, the change of the mods is what hurt the forum. You could tell the were anti-gun and it became a place for the paper to get info for their "news" in Canada.

Sponsor

Staff online