• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Pennsylvania Travel Restrictions

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lake Hopatcong was packed this summer as well. There was also rumors that if you wanted to buy a boat that sales were through the roof and boats (even used) were hard to find. But it was only the cove as we didn't hit up any of the bars even once this summer.

View attachment 116220

As far as PA. If Camelback opens I'm going to ski it. I can be in and out with very little contact with others which has got to be safer then commuting across the state line for work which they will not shut down.
Ah yes, Byram Cove...great hang out place in the summer. Were they delivering pizza by boat this year?

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Tests are available you just have to look around.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was just looking at the Camelback website, came across this:

Is Camelback enforcing travel restrictions in Pa?
We continually monitor the direction from PA officials. Because the commonwealth does not dictate how businesses should implement the requirements for testing, Camelback Resort is leaving monitoring to government entities and we are not requiring any proof of testing at the resort. We look forward to helping you create unforgettable memories during your stay.

Goes along with my comment about the travel restrictions being widely ignored...unless they start sending State Troopers into the parking lots...

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
So many people commute between NE Pa and NJ, you can't just shut it down Isn't that the point of the Northeast state alliances? It comes to shutting the state border down and I doubt any of the ski areas will open. I don't really see the difference anyways. I work with people who live in E Pa everyday, I went to the lake and beach with all sorts of New Yorkers and Pennsy people all summer in quarters a lot closer then there will be on the mountain. Why all of a sudden do they think shutting the border will change anything. Hopefully Christmas will be the last gasp of this thing and the situation starts to ease during the new year (and the end of the winter flu season) and at least the back side of the season is salvageable.
IMG_3322.JPG
A throw back to better times and beautiful seeded bumps on Rodo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Why all of a sudden do they think shutting the border will change anything.
It's about doing anything they reasonably can to prevent people mixing together. Restrictions on state borders is one way to do that. It's not a binary thing... as though just that measure fixes things. It's just an additional reduction measure like everything else. The less people travel/mingle, the slower the spread will be.

Sponsor

Staff online