• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mel, are you local to Banff? Wish @Jenny and I had known when we visited! We could have met up.
I’m in Calgary and get a seasons pass to SSV every year. Definitely let me know if you’re making any future trips here!

RiderRay

Getting off the lift
Skier
View attachment 170076
Happy place! Popped over the App Gap for dinner. Love how lush and green it is here during the summer.
Have made many trips over the App Gap on Friday nights and Sunday evenings starting in the mid 1960s going from Queens, NY to Glen Ellen and reluctantly back home. Made many trips by motorcycle too.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Have made many trips over the App Gap on Friday nights and Sunday evenings starting in the mid 1960s going from Queens, NY to Glen Ellen and reluctantly back home. Made many trips by motorcycle too.
It is nice to see that someone still remembers that the name was Glen Ellen. Back than they use to group the ski areas in three's, Killington, Pico, and Okeemo. Or Stowe, Sugerbush, and Smuggler's.

ilovepugs

The human form of the 100 emoji
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It is nice to see that someone still remembers that the name was Glen Ellen.

My first time in Scotland I was struck by how much it felt like Vermont. So it seems appropriate that these ski areas are called glens.
69C14C5D-3271-4701-894E-6C555CB74595.jpeg

(main view from my home - photo from today to stay on topic!)

The weather is definitely feeling a bit Scottish today. Thankful for the lack of midges.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
cd8598y.jpg

Scattered melting snow along SR108 in shade above 8k and much above 9k. Easy roadside fills for coolers, ice chests. Some greening in higher meadow areas with yellow buttercups. Several vehicles with backcountry skiers at Sonora Pass ~9600 with many slopes for skinning up but past prime. Didn't have skis with me as am still recovering from right shoulder tendonitis.

cd8635y.jpg

Four of us car camped over Wednesday and Thursday 5/25>26 along the West Walker River at Chris Flat ~6550. About an hour south of Tahoe. 4 people, 3 cars $24 a night (senior GE pass). Clean nearby restroom, water spigot, dumpster, camp sites half taken, flat riverside camp spot with table, fire pit, camp host resident. Main negative was highway traffic noise. Given warmer temps into upper 70F's midday, the river had risen a half foot from 3.3' to 3.9' but is well below the 6 foot flood stage. That flow is about 850 cfs that given the dominant volcanic geology of the basin, has much sedimentation making for very murky conditions that made lure or fly fishing impractical.

RiderRay

Getting off the lift
Skier
It is nice to see that someone still remembers that the name was Glen Ellen. Back than they use to group the ski areas in three's, Killington, Pico, and Okeemo. Or Stowe, Sugerbush, and Smuggler's.
In the early days, Glen Ellen was a nice family mountain. Going up there later next month for a few days to visit a friend who lives on the mountain. It is truly my happy place.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Wild Turkey photo I took today in Toms River, NJ. I had mentioned in another post that Tom's River, NJ had a wild turkey problem and I guess they still have it.
PXL_20220530_143327711~2.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Our Memorial Day weekend retreat. How do you know it's the beginning of summer in Northern Nevada? You have to switch from the A/C back to the furnace.
20220527_163607.jpg

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m hearing there is more snow at the peak than when you guys were here and that the snow fences are completely buried at the moment. Weather is making it even tougher for the workers on the new tram project after another 12” on Memorial Day.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I got this on a bike ride today. Even I can see the colors!
20220603_154308.jpg

Sponsor