• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Post your ski gear hacks.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Spotted a guy at Beaver Mountain on Sunday with the tails of his skis cut completely off. Why?? He was skiing the park in the baggiest what looked like mom jeans I have ever seen. I never could get a picture.

Anyway, why the hack (literally) of cutting the tails off?
Maybe he thought the skis were too long. Years ago I saw an old pair of straight ski cut down to about 170.
The tails were probably very stiff and thicker than they were use to. Not sure if they moved the binding forward.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Maybe he thought the skis were too long. Years ago I saw an old pair of straight ski cut down to about 170.
The tails were probably very stiff and thicker than they were use to. Not sure if they moved the binding forward.
Except he cut them all the way to the back of the bindings! I think it's a park rat trick of some sort.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Except he cut them all the way to the back of the bindings! I think it's a park rat trick of some sort.
Wow that is extreme, no tail on the ski at all. Almost like a pair of skates. Better not sit back on the skis.

Lvovsky /Pasha/Pavel

i hiked the ridge... twice...
Skier
IMG_0037.jpeg

modify a crate to make a ski rack

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For a styloid punch on boots wth a BOA dial.

IMG_5885.jpeg
IMG_5884.jpeg
IMG_5886.jpeg
IMG_5887.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online