• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Recommendation for Fischer Vacuum fitting in NYC or Park City?

lhny

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I've been skiing a pair of Fischer Soma X120 for a number of years, which fit very well out of the box with only a few minor tweaks. Only issue was that the built in forward lean was a bit more aggressive than I liked.

The RC4 Curve 120 seems to have a very similar fit, but with the more upright stance I'm looking for.

Looking for a recommendation for a good shop/fitter to get them Vacuum fitted in either NYC or Park City/SLC

Thanks

P-Ute

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Sport Loft in SLC should do a good job for you. Call ahead, they can get busy.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It is a whole new world in boot options. I suggest going into a shop with a complete open mind and without preconceived ideas. I would see Brent Amsbery in Park City.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Brett would be a great choice and certainly could vacuum them if that’s the way to go. So could Stephanie at Jackson’s Base Camp at PCMR. She’s also very good.

James

Out There
Instructor
Was wondering if anyone would come up with something in nyc.

TS
L

lhny

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Was wondering if anyone would come up with something in nyc.

I was wondering that as well :)

Did find a place in NJ that I may try: Woodbridge Ski and Board. Spoke to their boot fitter over the phone and he seemed knowledgeable.

50 years ago there used to be lots of independently owned ski shops in NYC:

Scandinavian
Princeton
Harvey's Mt. Sheepshead (kind of a joke name - was located about 5 feet above sea level)
Spiegel's
and at least 15 others. + local sporting goods chains like Herman's that carried skis in season.

There is one ski shop left in Brooklyn. 2.3 million people and 1 ski shop?

Sponsor

Staff online