• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Replacement for my Conformable foam liner?

Funkendrenchman

Booting up
Skier
I have an old Conformable foam liner from around 2010 which I love. I have tried the new Sidas Classic Flex V2 and have found that the performance, particularly the stiffness, is not the same. Is there a product that is the same level of performance as the Conformable? If not, is there anyone that might still have the old Conformable line available in a size G? I found some on eBay, but none in my size. :(

I have also tried the new Surefoot liners and while they are more comfortable, the memory foam is much too soft.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an old Conformable foam liner from around 2010 which I love. I have tried the new Sidas Classic Flex V2 and have found that the performance, particularly the stiffness, is not the same. Is there a product that is the same level of performance as the Conformable? If not, is there anyone that might still have the old Conformable line available in a size G? I found some on eBay, but none in my size. :(

I have also tried the new Surefoot liners and while they are more comfortable, the memory foam is much too soft.

I can check, we had some left over at California Ski Company

Other I would look into Intuition or even BootDoc custom liners

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
There's a bootdoc 'worldcup' which uses traditional, Conformable type exit pipes so you have more control over foam flow and density

https://www.boot-doc.com/en/products/foam-liners/winter/worldcup-foam-pf--1841x38.html

Only thing with BD is that the tongues are not foam.

When you say the stiffness of the foam do you mean the hardness/density or the effect it has on bootflex? Density can usually be managed by a good bootfitter.

TS
Funkendrenchman

Funkendrenchman

Booting up
Skier
There's a bootdoc 'worldcup' which uses traditional, Conformable type exit pipes so you have more control over foam flow and density

https://www.boot-doc.com/en/products/foam-liners/winter/worldcup-foam-pf--1841x38.html

Only thing with BD is that the tongues are not foam.

When you say the stiffness of the foam do you mean the hardness/density or the effect it has on bootflex? Density can usually be managed by a good bootfitter.

The World Cup is on the list. I have no idea why it isn’t spec’ed with a form tongue, but they do make an add on foam tongue.

It’s a little tough to tell exactly where the stiffness comes from, but skiing the new Surefoot vs the old Conformable back-to-back in the same shell is a night and day difference. I did take the old tongue and attached it to the new Surefoot and it did increase the performance a bit but it still wasn’t the same as the old Conformable overall. I think that old liner got a lot of flack for being firm and unforgiving, but man does it ski well.

Castle Dave

Getting off the lift
Skier
My wife had the BD tongue and found it too soft. She returned it and got the Sidas tongue which was more expensive but much firmer. BTW Sidas make a custom foam liner which includes an inject able foam tongue.

TS
Funkendrenchman

Funkendrenchman

Booting up
Skier
My wife had the BD tongue and found it too soft. She returned it and got the Sidas tongue which was more expensive but much firmer. BTW Sidas make a custom foam liner which includes an inject able foam tongue.
Did she have the Quick Foam or Performance foam in the tongue?

skipress

Getting off the lift
Skier
The World Cup is on the list. I have no idea why it isn’t spec’ed with a form tongue, but they do make an add on foam tongue.

It’s a little tough to tell exactly where the stiffness comes from, but skiing the new Surefoot vs the old Conformable back-to-back in the same shell is a night and day difference. I did take the old tongue and attached it to the new Surefoot and it did increase the performance a bit but it still wasn’t the same as the old Conformable overall. I think that old liner got a lot of flack for being firm and unforgiving, but man does it ski well.

Surefoot has some critics here, my experience is that they skill well [and as a coach as opposed to an athlete these days i get that] but they are not full on concrete.

Sidas with the old asymmetrical tongue was amazing, but commercially how many people would like the foot crushing foaming process...... not so sure.

Sponsor