• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rossinol Hero Elite ST TI vs Atomic Redster Edge SL?

rzb

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I demoed these two skis couple days ago, make me wanna throw away my current all mountain skis. they are just so much more grip, much more stable under higher speeds, easy to edge, and predictable, make me a better skier instantly
I found them on sale in these sizes
Rossinol Hero Elite ST TI 162cm 12m with axial 120 10% rocker
Atomic Redster Edge SL 164cm 11.7m with xt12(=Redster XTI 164cm) 5% rocker

I only tried them for one run, seems the rossi has better grip and railing feel under higher speed; the Atomic is easier to ski slow and skid when want to, but also very stable. for some reason, I found I have better fore aft balance in the atomic(even better on the doubledeck xt), is it because the higher ramp angle on atomics?, Im 6ft, in Dalbello Avanti with 12 degree forward lean.

What do you guys think about these two skis? Also, how do they compare to rebels isl or the racetiger sl

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I don't remember which Redster I demo'd but I could not find the sweet spot on it. Gave it back to the demo tent early. I ski the Hero Elite ST Carbon as I don't have the weight for the Ti. 3rd year on them. Demo'd the AT last spring and if something happens to the current pair, that will be the replacement.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I own the redster XTI and love them a lot. I have taken a ton of clinics lately and found they really have my back. I love the grip and how easy they are to turn. I haven't tried the other skis you mention but am sure you will get lots of good feedback here.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
The shorter two lengths of the XTI are in fact the Redster Edge SL. Not as energetic as the Rossi, in my view. I think the Rossi ST TI is the most powerful of the skis mentioned here so far, yet not demanding at all if you want to cruise them off the mountain.... Great choice is you love short turns and short-ish turns only.

@Jilly give the TI version a go if you can. Despite the metal, they are quite friendly... Less 'digital' than all the carbon versions.

Sponsor