• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sharing/Selling passes?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you could more forcefully say this is lot legit. I hope this guy gets caught and gets a lifetime ban.
No, I meant selling them is not legit. The attempt and ad is legit real.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's no different than Shoplifting. Theft is theft
Some might say it si different in that the resort isn't losing anything because the operation costs do not increase where with shoplifting, they lost the cost of the item and the profit that it brought but it is the margins that are lessened. It is basically theft of services.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Some might say it si different in that the resort isn't losing anything because the operation costs do not increase where with shoplifting, they lost the cost of the item and the profit that it brought but it is the margins that are lessened. It is basically theft of services.
?? How isn't the resort losing money? Everyone is supposed to buy a pass, so they lose the offenders $$ if they aren't buying their own ticket that is a loss of revenue. The free loaders are taking up space on chairs, in buildings parking lots etc. are getting free services the resort is shelling out. I also think it devalues 'my' pass in that some are skiing for free (or cheap if days are sold) while I'm paying full freight.. Yes, It's definitely theft of services and there are plenty of laws resorts can use to prosecute the crooks.

Sponsor

Staff online