• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Damage: Fatal or Fixable?

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
I have had a lot of success repairing delams by using marine epoxy purchased at my local hardware store and as many clamps as possible. Marine epoxy requires a 24 hour cure and is good to -15F. I would not hesitate to repair that ski.

Karl

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought the same thing. It shouldn't be a free for all putting gear in or taking it out. One person pulling from the top, handing it out to the others. Same for putting it in. One person gently lays the skis in.

Designate loader and unloaders. They get their lift ticket first and nobody gets else gets a ticket until it's done.

Yup. This is an "alternative" school, so the people running trips have a lot to deal with. Sometimes the problem is general teenage assholery and sometimes it's other stuff. We do our best with limited resources and sometimes have to pick our battles.

I ran a ski club for years from a poverty school. Parents would "forget" to drop off and pick up their kids. Sometimes they "forgot" they were in Utah with me. I feel your situation. Choose kids to be the "boss" of the situation and everybody else waits. It works.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Bump. Rock. Sharp.
IMG_20210127_082856776.jpg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, he and his family are trying to decide what to do. He's not a racer, but likes his slalom skis and wants to try to get involved in a racing club or league or whatever he can find. In the meantime, he uses these skis to rip around recreationally and really likes them. Might make sense to make these rock skis. They have a gruesome core shot, too.

Depends on what it will cost to fix and if he js close to outgrowing them. Plenty of shops have lots of used kid race and rec equipment in good shape and he can use the longer size next year too

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
YOWZA!!!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January