• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski pant Kickstarter to shake up the women's snow clothing industry!

mitsikitty

Putting on skis
Skier
*posted with permission*

Hi all, I am Maria - a woman from Australia who is single-handedly trying to really change the game in the snow industry for women and their clothing.
As a mid-size woman myself, I've really struggled to find pants that match my clumsy skiing style..... but by that, I mean fit well, don't gape at the waste, don't RIP at the crotch, are long enough, move well etc.

Maria copy.jpg

I'm now working to design the best fitting snow pants for women, ever. Working with an experienced snow apparel designer, identifying the pain points that women experience, and making snow pants to be everything they need to be.
Taking into account different body shapes, apples, pears, hourglass, different heights....

The pants I have designed showcase a lot of features that aren't around on snow pants traditionally, and there has been a lot of time, research, prototypes and testing to get where I am today.

• Size US4 - US18
  • Waist adjustment features to fit all body shapes
  • 2 stretch panels for easy garment dressing
  • Mid-rise waist
  • 8 deep pockets
  • Dedicated lift pass/card pockets
  • Unique split 20/60g insulation for warmth
  • Reinforced crotch to prevent tears
  • 4-way stretch for ultimate movement
  • Unique vent placement to reduce bulk around thighs
  • Made to fit over ski/snowboard boots
  • Available in two lengths
  • 15,000mm / 15,000g rated
  • Articulated knee design for range of movement
  • Front zipper with press buttons, hook, and Velcro closure
  • Elasticised boot gaiters & hem hitch
  • YKK® Zippers
Please have a watch to get a better picture. :)

As this is a bootstrapped venture I am taking on myself, I have launched a Kickstarter to raise production funds....

Have a look at the Kickstarter here!

I am more than happy to ask any questions, and as you can see from the Kickstarter, there is a lot of interest already!
Hoping here I can spread the word a bit more, and help ladies get into pants that make them feel comfortable and confident!

Maria.

Last edited:

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Mrs Saintsman might be interested in this - but are you still on track for manufacturing/shipping in October? I've been badly burnt on Kickstarter many times with delayed manufacturing

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
About time somebody is taking the reins to do this. I’ve often thought, after working a season in a ski shop and sampling the women’s clothing (especially pants) that the sizing and cut of women‘s clothing contributes to body dysmorphia among women.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi all,
I've been talking to @mitsikitty and am excited to see her try to break through this crazy clothing industry.

Her Kickstarter is ending in a few days so lets spread the word and help her meet her goals.

The $229 for these pants is in line wiht industry standard.
I know my little sister paid 400.00 for ski pants to fit her curvy figure and not have the issues described on the KS page.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 10.15.55 AM.png

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
_DSC6972.jpg
_DSC6987.jpg
_DSC6994.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
_DSC6837.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
_DSC7147.jpg
_DSC7154.jpg
_DSC7160.jpg

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
_DSC7000.jpg
_DSC7012.jpg
_DSC7025.jpg
_DSC7179.jpg

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
@mitsikitty Hi, Maria- As someone who has tried to help my wife find ski pants on multiple occasions, I am very excited to see your post. Couple of comments:
1. Please offer petite length if you don't. If there is such a thing as ski pants that are too short,. there are always pants that are too long.
2. A better performing waterproof fabric could be better. Skiers who demand higher levels of performance in the garment are people who ski many days per year in all kinds of weather. Its not a secret that these people are also more willing to pay more for that performance and will be the best brand ambassadors.
3. Consider having a shell pant or at least partially insulated. Insulated pants are a virtual non-starter here in CA, where a lot of skiing is during spring when it is HOT.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@mitsikitty Hi, Maria- As someone who has tried to help my wife find ski pants on multiple occasions, I am very excited to see your post. Couple of comments:
1. Please offer petite length if you don't. If there is such a thing as ski pants that are too short,. there are always pants that are too long.
2. A better performing waterproof fabric could be better. Skiers who demand higher levels of performance in the garment are people who ski many days per year in all kinds of weather. Its not a secret that these people are also more willing to pay more for that performance and will be the best brand ambassadors.
3. Consider having a shell pant or at least partially insulated. Insulated pants are a virtual non-starter here in CA, where a lot of skiing is during spring when it is HOT.
All good points from someone who has three women in his household!

I will say, @Wendy and @SBrown are two examples of women who frequently find pants are too short.
So there are a lot of fit issues for many of us.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
However, yes, this all makes much sense. My only issue ever is length, but that’s just me. I hope this goes well, it is/has been an enormous problem for more women than not.

TS
mitsikitty

mitsikitty

Putting on skis
Skier
About time somebody is taking the reins to do this. I’ve often thought, after working a season in a ski shop and sampling the women’s clothing (especially pants) that the sizing and cut of women‘s clothing contributes to body dysmorphia among women.

Its the contribution to dysmorphia, it's the absolute demoralising experience of having to buy and XL as a size 8, it's the shitty-ness of buying men's pants because you're athletic - it's all of the above...
It's sacrificing functionality for fit, or fashion for it... so many things that grind my gears - hence I am doing something about it!

Sponsor

Staff online

• dbostedo
    Asst. Gathermeister
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid