• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Patrol Radio Harness - Squaw Valley

Home Slice

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Anyone know what the Squaw Valley Ski Patrol uses for a Radio Harness?

It looks like they are made by The North Face, Black in color, with a Name Tag sewn with a Red Zipper Pouch on the right side chest and the radio holder on the left side chest, plus it zips in the front.
Appears to be a low profile harness in the front, but yet keeps the radio up nice and high.
There are several photos of the vest being worn at this weblink: https://www.tetongravity.com/story/ski/the-women-of-squaw-valley-ski-patrol-made-a-calendar
I've looked all over the place for a vest like this, but can't find anything even close to it.
Anyone have ideas and where to look?

Thanks.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
You might try looking into law enforcement supply companies. All the corrections officers and court officers I worked with over the years had radios that were nearly on their shoulders. I never noticed the harness, so I couldn't say if they are what you are looking for.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Based on other pics, they are using this vest.

1646577378756.png

Last edited:
TS
H

Home Slice

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Based on other pics, they are using this vest.

View attachment 161959
Hi Dwight:
The vest you posted, is very, very, close.. But, the black harness I see the Squaw Valley Patrollers wearing, is separate from the actual red vest, as there are two different zippers. The name tag is either sewn on or velcro'd on the right chest. Within the white cross, there is a blue shield with a white (almost going vertical) symbol, similar to an S. Here is another close-up photo of the harness. *Click on below image to enlarge. Thanks to everyone helping to figure this one out :) I really like this (whomever manufactured it), Radio Harness. Dan

Attachments

• Squaw Valley NSP Radio Harness Question.jpg
    Squaw Valley NSP Radio Harness Question.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I wonder if it's an older model. TNF does seem to sell something similar, but they illustrate it with a water bottle where the radio is on the Squaw Valley vest. And the other details are not the same. (You probably hunted this one down already)

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
They use a vest from North Face. Even what you posted is from North Face. Check their FB page, same vest.

Are you trying to purchase one? Good luck, most of these companies make directly for the resorts.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you search on “shoulder radio harness” and noodle around you’ll find a few similar ones like this,

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January