• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski Visions out of business?

rossm

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Does anyone know if Ski Visions is likely to re-start manufacturing the Ski Sharp? Or if there are any shops that still might have stock?

Looks like they are out of business. I emailed SlideWright, who said the Ski Sharp is no longer available from the manufacturer. Tognar also no longer has it listed as available.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
SlideWright has taken over production (3d printing and assembly) of the Ski Visions Base Flattener and Structuring tool (planer) and the Ski File (High Edge) Flattener And components. This includes redesign of those tools and added improvements, along with additional options, including a base structuring disk.

See: Ski Visions for more info.

The Ski Sharp is no longer in production with no plans for the tool to be produced. The replacement stones and files are still available.

All of this is a result of Mark Sewell’s health issues. Vibes to Mark.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
SlideWright has taken over production (3d printing and assembly) of the Ski Visions Base Flattener and Structuring tool (planer) and the Ski File (High Edge) Flattener And components. This includes redesign of those tools and added improvements, along with additional options, including a base structuring disk.

See: Ski Visions for more info.

The Ski Sharp is no longer in production with no plans for the tool to be produced. The replacement stones and files are still available.

All of this is a result of Mark Sewell’s health issues. Vibes to Mark.
I've been using Ski Visions tools and stones for year. Thanks for taking up the torch. I'm sending my best vibes to Mark, a man with a vision.

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
I really like the Ski Sharp. It was by far the easiest edge tool to use. If I used it every day it was almost the only tool I needed.

Sorry to hear Mark is having health issues. I hope he recovers soon.

dm

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
BTW, I forgot to include Mark is still supplying the stones, files and tuning sticks to his retailers.

Please rephrase the thread title to something else and more 'responsible'. The way search engines and rumors start are titles like this cause misunderstanding and inaccuracy.

Sponsor

Staff online