• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Surfs up…

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In Cabos, been 30 years since I been on a surfboard. The old man still got it.

IMG_2079.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2081.jpeg

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Took a lesson from a pro, Martin, owner of Cabos Surf Tours. He was great..

IMG_1960.jpeg
IMG_1972.jpeg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Smart to wear a shirt. The wax still probably got the hair around your belly between the shirt and shorts.

Also the front of your hips, elbows and knees are probably tender. I quit taking a board when I had to keep a close eye on the kids... Boogie boards.. used one to rescue kid #1 from a rip current once...

Now I can go solo or with wife from rented walk to beach houses but too lazy to carry the damned thing with the chair and the umbrella and the cooler and..... Used to use a wagon with fat tires..
So boogie board again...

TS
Tex

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Smart to wear a shirt. The wax still probably got the hair around your belly between the shirt and shorts.
No wax on my board, not a fiberglass board. Not sure what you call it, but it is a beginner board, 9 foot long, wide , soft and padded on top, not sure how wide.

Fiberglass board is a step up. I tell yeah, I had 3 rides and I was worn out.

Last edited:

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
I stick to body surfing - definitely easier to get through the break(s) without a board. For whatever reason, the break seems disorganized this year - currents & winds at odds I guess. Still able to get in a few decent rides.
Tried one of those foam top style boards one week years ago -- kept nosing it in. Seems like as a beginner, conditions really make a big difference.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Its a foamy or soft top. They were a joke years ago, but now days they are legit. Catchsurf and the crew there of Kalani and Job have made them mainstream and can be shreded.

Sponsor

Staff online